• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Introducing the FlinginX Super-Pro-Premium platform!

flinginairos

Vendor Rep
LOL, hey everyone else is doing it these days

Big thanks to Erniepower, G2, and BassBoys for the info I used to throw this thing together quickly.

XOP seat, 1" 6061 tubing with reinforcement plate drilled/tapped into the main tube under the seat adjustment screw and delrin block inside the tube to reinforce where the seat screw passes through the tubing.

1/4" Amsteel whoopie sling for tree attachment. *BIG thanks to G2 for measuring that out for me!

I gotta say I can't believe how solid this thing is! I did my testing today on a slick telephone pole and it actually grabs so hard I can take the rope off and it's still stuck on the pole! feels super solid to stand on and weighs right at 3lbs. Can't wait to use this next weekend!

f3d5271a5a6a65e2ea79e946bfcfc2e2.jpg

21f459cadafb0d2a3d45230c363ec400.jpg

0db482c5325ad1e7b47656f73cc4fc72.jpg

Look Ma! No rope!

acf798969d0603072d7fd2b73d63d595.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, since you are the latest one to do it and you put it together pretty quickly can you compile a parts list?

Ok, since you are the latest one to do it and you put it together pretty quickly can you compile a parts list?

XOP seat (used the supplied attachment screw-might upgrade to something bigger later)
12"X1" 6061 tubing
Muddy tree brackets
Two 1/8" nylon spacers to take up the gap between the space on the seat mount
10' of 1/4" Amsteel Blue spliced into a whoopie sling

That's pretty much it. Very easy to build. I added an 1/8" 6061 plate under the seat adjustment screw to distribute the weight and keep the tube from bending like I have read could possibly happen. Also cut a block of delrin (SUPER hard plastic) and ran it down the tube and drilled through it for the seat attachment bolt to pass through.

Looks awesome. Could you go shorter on the tube? Or is 12" better for the spacing of the brackets. You plan on using this with your spikes?

Looks awesome. Could you go shorter on the tube? Or is 12" better for the spacing of the brackets. You plan on using this with your spikes?

Honestly I just went by what Ernie suggested from his experiment on his platform. You might be able to get away with shorter but I didn't want to chance it. 12" seemed like a good number to me lol. I actually do plan to use this with my spikes and I think it will work well. Most of my spots this year I have pre set sticks so I will use this for those spots as well instead of standing on top of the sticks or screw in pegs.

You can definitely go less than 12" I think this one is 8" or 9"
c6e71456a8407704a7be1dcf4ea6729c.jpg

The longer beam is handy if you prefer two modes of attachment.

Very nicely done! It's amazing how solid these things are.

I would suggest going to the 1.25" tubing. That is the size tube the seats are made for and don't require adding extra washers.

Other than that. Paint job looks nice, whoopie sling looks nice. Awesome job. I need some Delrin. Where can I get it?

Very nicely done! It's amazing how solid these things are.

I would suggest going to the 1.25" tubing. That is the size tube the seats are made for and don't require adding extra washers.

Other than that. Paint job looks nice, whoopie sling looks nice. Awesome job. I need some Delrin. Where can I get it?

Did you use the bolt that came with the seat? That is really my only concern with this setup

I might be able to find you some delrin around my shop.

Did you have to do anything special to spray paint it? Sand it first?
Sand blasted it at work. I got all kinds of toys to use lol. Just regular camo spray paint from Walmart

Thanks for the parts list. Can you provide links to where to purchase? Nice work by the way and thanks for sharing!!!

Thanks for the parts list. Can you provide links to where to purchase? Nice work by the way and thanks for sharing!!!

Seat came directly from XOP and the Amsteel came from Reddin Marine. The rest I had laying around lol

I used bar stock for mine, which is pretty heavy. I really like that whoopie sling. That's slick. I wish my seat had the tabs on there. I may have to finagle an XOP seat I to the budget soon.

Back