• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New guy

Hello everyone! I'm Brice from NE Indiana. I'm fairly new at saddle hunting. I purchased the Aero at the end of last year. It was a gift to myself after my last deployment. I returned at the end of October and only hunted a few times. (The whole "wife and kids haven't seen me for a year" factor kept me outta the woods.)
I mainly spent it practicing my technique in the saddle and trying different climbing methods.
I haven't ventured into mods yet. I wanna get a season or two under my belt, before I jump into that.
You guys have been an awesome resource and are the ones who persuaded me to convert to the saddle. Between this forum and the Eberhart books. I've completely changed the way I hunt.
So thanks for all the good info. Newbies like me really appreciate it!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Welcome to the site and thanks for serving our country!

Welcome from ft Stewart! Stick with it and you'll be glad you did. It takes some getting used to for sure.

Thanks for your support. I spent 3 years active at Fort Hood then switched over to the guard. I spent a few months at Stewart in 2008 right before a deployment. Good place to train. How's the hunting?

Welcome to the site and thanks for your service! :)

Welcome!!!......Stick with it, you won't be disappointed. There is a lot of useful information on here and a lot of very helpful members.

Thanks for your support. I spent 3 years active at Fort Hood then switched over to the guard. I spent a few months at Stewart in 2008 right before a deployment. Good place to train. How's the hunting?

Just got here, hoping to find out soon!

Careful opening MREs near ponds. The gators know what you're doing and they love em lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I appreciate the service..... Last night was our High School Football team's opening home game. They named their field Veteran's Stadium and honor vets and active military to walk the field in their first game each year.

They also invite the youth football players to run out on the field with the high school team and the youth cheerleaders cheer with the "big girls". I had my 8 year old down there cheering with the varsity crew so that may have started the tears but I will tell you the tribute to our active and former military definitely got me going. Every student from middle school and high school dressed in red white and blue and painted their faces and actually cheered. Both football teams even lead their intro with a flag bearer.

During the national anthem, I saw at least a dozen parents in the stands telling their kids to put their hands over their hearts and not one had their handheld game in their hands... I sure do hate our government. But I love my country. Thanks for giving us all of the freedoms even if they have taken so many away. We wouldn't have what we have without you.

There is my one and only political rant of this political season. And don't worry, my hatred is very bi-partisan. :p
And my appreciation is sincere.

Welcome!!! John E's Books is how I got started and is like a bible to me. I have a copies in my truck and at home LOL. Thank you for your service.

Thank you for your sacrifices and I want you to know, I am proud for what you do for our country and our freedom..
Welcome to saddle hunter,you will learn lots here.

Back