• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Packing sticks and platform

IndianOutlaw

I saw a post on here where a guy had a molle backpack with stick talons on the side webbing, cant seem to find it now though. Does anyone have a link to it? I tried out my Ernies xop platform and saddle today, very happy with it, now just have to get proficient with climbing and hanging it.

Thanks suciy, you the man! Yea i remember that pack, hopefully Ikeman sees this, that setup with the talons on each side looked killer.

Is this the one?
c151ae7aa73ffef7040eb0fc42912072.jpg

I still haven't gotten the buckles and webbing to strap the bottom down, but there is a set buckles on the pack that secure it alright as is. I haven't checked to see if the platform can mount to the back of the pack without clanking against the spurs. That will be the real test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that bag is it but you had something rigged up for climbing sticks on the side. It looked like two vertical pieces of aluminum through the webbing with a connecting horizontal piece that had stick talons mounted to it so you could carry two sticks on each side.....

is this the one you were referring to... if so im it any questions PM me ill gladly help you out

I would be interested in what kind of backpack that is and mods you made to it.It looks good and I'm in need of better way to pack my sticks.Thanks

I would be interested in what kind of backpack that is and mods you made to it.It looks good and I'm in need of better way to pack my sticks.Thanks
Can't give away all my secrets hahaha

It's a bugout bag from alpha of 5.11 and the holders are stick talons. Find cbigbear on here he will hook you up

Looks good Anoboby. Is that 2 climbing sticks per side for a total of 4? Looks like you are able to carry everything in the pack till you get to your tree. Is that a jacket rolled up or a saddle held on with molle straps?

Thanks!

Looks good Anoboby. Is that 2 climbing sticks per side for a total of 4? Looks like you are able to carry everything in the pack till you get to your tree. Is that a jacket rolled up or a saddle held on with molle straps?

Thanks!
Yes two per side and yes I use molle straps or tarp tie downs they are bungee cord with balls on the ends they work real slick

Also indie the bag are a few pockets for things like aiders knife compass and so on

However I don't think that's the right bag in your photo

This one looks like an updated version of mine it's pretty steep in price in bought mine off a guy brand new for 20$
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Snugpak-...75035&wl11=online&wl12=43989761&wl13=&veh=sem

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Anobody; I like the looks of your pack setup with the sticks held in the Stick Talons on the sides. I would imagine it would be no problem to attach a platform as well if needed.

we're not hunting the same areas.. I love ingenuity and being creative, but that would be good for walking open cover.. trying to walk with that through any cover at all will be much too grabby. I prefer getting the sticks in the middle. That said, I bet you guys could accomplish that.

I just ordered stealth strips for the I beam and my sticks I'll post pics of my final setup for everyone to critique

Back