• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Platform on Hawk Helium

Kuenro02

Has anyone attempted to put a platform on a Hawk Helium stick? Is it even possible without the square tubing? Got a set on backorder and was curious if I could go that route or build a seperate Ernie platform

I did a quick google search and couldn't find anything. I think it'd be easier and more practical to just go the Ernie route. There's also another thread about the forum coming together to make a platform. Might take a bit of time, but it'll be pretty snazzy.

Just something to consider.. when you use a platform separate from your sticks you can use that to gain an extra 1-2 foot in height if needed.

Just something to consider.. when you use a platform separate from your sticks you can use that to gain an extra 1-2 foot in height if needed.
And if you hang your adjustable aider off it or above it you gain even more height.

I did this with a LW stick. I ended up ditching it after awhile. I just didn't like it. The stand alone platform is better IMO. But give it a try. You might like it.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Going to give this a run..

For the guys who tried, why didn’t you like it?

Any advice direction on how you DIY’ed would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have any new found luck? I would like my climbing method and platform to be one unit. After using the LWHC for a season and a half, I cant see myself going back to multiple pieces of metal but wasent satisfied with ease of climb with lwhc method. Still determining to attach a platform to my helium or build a non camming platform, add aider to it and use it to climb.

I added an Artisan platform to my Helium.

Love it so far but limited to practice sits and one 5 hr hunt.

Chose the Artisan since it goes back over the standoff to make it easier when climbing.

Use it for one sticking or just as my platform when SRT.

I added an OCB at height because it felt a little prone to kicking out (but never has) when I was practicing.

a9158c22628d74ba4a22834177260c63.jpg

57970e69adc2b32e855c056d25e52f1b.jpg

8a5e74236d3979a9ae7700a74e2926aa.jpg

It looks nice but i am hesitant about small platform space. I wear 13 boots and I put on bibs and layer on/off at 20ft so I need a good place to stand on one leg to get bibs on

It looks nice but i am hesitant about small platform space. I wear 13 boots and I put on bibs and layer on/off at 20ft so I need a good place to stand on one leg to get bibs on

How are you getting the bibs on and off at height and dealing with the bridge also? I have been trying to figure this out in anticipation for the cold coming.

I tried a platform on my helium stick years ago. I saw way to much bending of the main beam with just hand pressure. Im big like you and also like a platform I can stand on to put on my HBS or bibs. Platforms are a saddle game changer.

Ya i would love to just be able to climb with my platform like the lwhc but with a one sticking method should me faster and easier to get up where I hunt. My diy platform I use now I dont believe is suitable for platform climbing as it is set up now since it has 2 separate standoffs plus the caming platform.

Ya i would love to just be able to climb with my platform like the lwhc but with a one sticking method should me faster and easier to get up where I hunt. My diy platform I use now I dont believe is suitable for platform climbing as it is set up now since it has 2 separate standoffs plus the caming platform.

My diy platform also has 2 batwings and 1 versa button up top. I use the camming platform as the lower strap to lock it solid. I just tied a tubular aider to it and plan to give it a try as a one stick method. My thought is keep the platform in the up position while climbing. I think it will work, testing will tell. Id love to get a solo scout and climb like redbeard in his video, but that really isnt a "platform". I could see that as a run and gun in the hills, but not ideal for my style of low tether hunting.

Back