• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Predator Plastidipped?

Cajunshooter

I’ve done some searching and haven’t been able to find the answer to this question.

Has anyone tried plastidipping their Predator platform? I just got mine in and I’m not going to deal with the metal ringing so I’d like a quick easy way to fix that. I also don’t reallly want go through the time consuming route of applying strips and tape and stuff like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

if it were me, I'd spray paint them, maybe with a bed liner spray.... Persinally, I just made a slip cover for the platform and don't worry about the rest

if it were me, I'd spray paint them, maybe with a bed liner spray.... Persinally, I just made a slip cover for the platform and don't worry about the rest

Paint is not going to stop the ringing. Why not dip it?

The spray can kind? My experience with it, tells me it wont stay on long and will peel. Bed liner would be better but heavier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The spray can kind? My experience with it, tells me it wont stay on long and will peel. Bed liner would be better but heavier.

I’d actually like to dip it rather than spray it. I don’t care if it’s Plasti Dip or Bed liner. I just want it to be pretty thick to dampen the noise and I’d rather dip it and hang it up to dry rather than spraying a bunch of times and having to cover everything else around.

No one has done this yet?

What kind of slip cover?......I had a thought of something along those lines like a fleece pouch you take off after you set up the platform.

Can't the Plasti-dip be thinned and sprayed? I thought I remembered hearing that somewhere.
What about Flex-Seal spray?

I’d actually like to dip it rather than spray it. I don’t care if it’s Plasti Dip or Bed liner. I just want it to be pretty thick to dampen the noise and I’d rather dip it and hang it up to dry rather than spraying a bunch of times and having to cover everything else around.

Careful, if you use bed liner it might add 10 or12 ounces!!! Hahahaha. Spray plastiDip won't last underfoot. Saw this on FB saddle forum

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1547403398485.jpg
    FB_IMG_1547403398485.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 191
I haven't plasti dipped a platform but I have done it to a lot of other things. I say go for it and try it because you have nothing to lose. If it doesn't hold up or if you don't like it, it literally peels right off super clean. Too easy. I think I might try it as well when I get mine. Just make sure you spray on a couple of layers. If you spray it on thin its harder to peel off uniformly. Shoot 3 coats or so on and you should be good. I would think if it held up on cars and tools it may hold up on a platform.

My experience Plasti Dip doesn't hold up very well by itself. Try using 3 Coats of Plastic Dip and then a coat of spray paint. I found its almost a protective "Shell" if you will, seems to hold up better

A fleece cover? Does it stand up
Do you worry about an unseen crack in the platform

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Okay so back to the plasti dip. This is four coats of bed liner dipped. It as already deadened the ring.
2a29c2423a409c9ddd52aae1c44692f8.jpg

I sprayed mine with bedliner and paint and added the camoform wrap. Quiet as a mouse and still light. Paint was durable Bc I let it cure before use.
65c38c4773748420585c932efbb5e32e.jpg

Back