• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Prusik on a harness

Treehugger32

Ok guys need some thoughts on my setup. I am using an arborist harness I got off of amazon cuz I liked the fact it had metal d rings for the linemans belt. Today was the second time I climbed with it using my wild edge steps. Now when I did my linemans rope I tied a double figure 8 with a stopper knot for the one side with a carabiner and the other side I'm using a rope man and carabiner to the d ring. The problem I had the first time using it was like the rope sat uneven around the tree and it was kinda hard to adjust the ropeman cuz of where it sat on my side. So what i did is took some rope that had for a prusik and just tied it around the d ring on that side and clipped into it. I didn't feel unsafe while using it that way like it would slip or anything but I wanted some opinions on it. If that's a good idea and if it will be safe over many uses?

Can you add pics? Is it off when using the linesman or when sitting/ leaning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like it would work fine. You could splice a continuous loop and reduce the profile

Doesn’t that defeat the point of having the metal rings?

I would say yes but from what im understanding the d loops are too far back to comfortably work the ropeman

Yes the d ring is to far back
Doesn’t that defeat the point of having the metal rings?
yes the d ring is too far back to work with the ropeman it was kind hard to adjust it in and out cuz it was against my hip when clipped in

I have a similar outfit, and I used a bolt cutter to remove the rings entirely. Then I put the continuous loop through the hole where the d loop used to be. I hate having metal where it doesn't need to be.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have a similar outfit, and I used a bolt cutter to remove the rings entirely. Then I put the continuous loop through the hole where the d loop used to be. I hate having metal where it doesn't need to be.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I like that idea a lot I might just do it as well. Didn't care for the metal either but felt safer going with that than other setups on a rock harness with diy d loops

Back