• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Quietkat vs Bakcou

Hillclimber

Jan 7, 2018
WV
I recently tested a quietkat apex 1000watt. It did pretty decent on the hills but it just wasnt exactly what I hoped for. Anyone know if the Bakcou is substantially better on hills or about the same? Or is there any electric drive motors out there that will absolutely climb goat trails?

Ontariofarmer

SH Member
Dec 25, 2015
Look at Biktrix. Starting at $2600 US with the Bafang ultra motor. The most powerful Bafang mid drive motor. 150nm of torque will take you up any hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ontariofarmer

SH Member
Dec 25, 2015
This is a post I saw on the Biktrix FB forum, a quote and picture.

. I think this is about the best ebike hunting rig you can build. Over 160miles on the U1000 so far. All backcountry. There is 100 lbs in the trailer. Took it in 6.5 miles...1800' vertical climb the first 3 miles or so. Used about 1/2 of a 21ah battery. Now coming down is a different story. Huge brake upgrade on the way!! Anyway... if you are wondering about the capabilities of the Juggernaut 1000 DON'T!!
This machine woops all my buddies hunting specific bikes.
Biktrix Rocks!

1f4702cb0cd887865b439c0126345738.jpg
209d2aa8dc6336f2c8f87d0bb8057b4f.jpg

Ontariofarmer

SH Member
Dec 25, 2015
The customer service at Biktrix seems to be excellent which Is important for an online purchased bike. The owner Roshan usually responds to FB questions. They have sold 15,000 bikes all over North America since 2014.
I have one on order. A duo ultra

Ontariofarmer

SH Member
Dec 25, 2015
1e307c3e530c4b8b7bd63a3751fc48a1.jpg
2ceedf80d441a4cad8dc472f72d67c6c.jpg

Some other hunting pictures from FB Biktrix

Ontariofarmer

SH Member
Dec 25, 2015
I compared these bikes to Rambo bikes. They were much better bang for the buck

Ontariofarmer

SH Member
Dec 25, 2015
I recently tested a quietkat apex 1000watt. It did pretty decent on the hills but it just wasnt exactly what I hoped for. Anyone know if the Bakcou is substantially better on hills or about the same? Or is there any electric drive motors out there that will absolutely climb goat trails?

The BBSHD is a good 1500 w motor but the ultra is better. The Biktrix with the ultra and a bigger battery starts at $2000 US less than the quiet Kat.

Stolencopy

Aug 30, 2019
New bern
Neither. They're way overpriced for what they are. Go to lunacycle.com and look at the fat galaxy ebike or the khs 500. They are both built on better frames, and offer more watt hours, and have a 2500watt bafang mid drive at a lower price.

Just whatever you decide to get make sure you have the money on hand to replace the tube tires to tubeless.

Ontariofarmer

SH Member
Dec 25, 2015
Neither. They're way overpriced for what they are. Go to lunacycle.com and look at the fat galaxy ebike or the khs 500. They are both built on better frames, and offer more watt hours, and have a 2500watt bafang mid drive at a lower price.

Just whatever you decide to get make sure you have the money on hand to replace the tube tires to tubeless.

Luna is a great bike and I looked at it. Considerably more expensive. If I had the dough it is pretty impressive. Ruhloff gearing belt drive and carbon frames.
In the same class is the watt wagon.

If you want more range and less expensive and the same motor buy a Biktrix. The Luna controller adds the extra watts which really are not needed The Biktrix frame is heavier since it is aluminium

The low end Luna bikes are not as good value wise as Biktrix

Last edited:

Stolencopy

Aug 30, 2019
New bern
Luna is a great bike and I looked at it. Considerably more expensive. If I had the dough it is pretty impressive. Ruhloff gearing belt drive and carbon frames.
In the same class is the watt wagon.

If you want more range and less expensive and the same motor buy a Biktrix. The Luna controller adds the extra watts which really are not needed The Biktrix frame is heavier since it is aluminium

The low end Luna bikes are not as good value wise as Biktrix
Luna cycles lower end bikes like the khs 500 are built on a far better and more expensive frame compared to biktrix.

The khs 500 by itself is a $1200 bicycle https://khsbicycles.com/bikes/2020-khs-models/4-season-500-20/

Compared to biktrix bicycle frames that you can purchase for $180 on aliexpress (SEROXAT Mountain Bike Fram)

But the main difference to me is that lunacycles builds their battery packs in house and make them 100% water proof.

But id definitely say that Biktrix is a far better option over quietkat, rambo, or bakcou.

The x1 enduro from Luna is an insane deal. Full carbon ebike for $3500.

Reactions: Ontariofarmer

Ontariofarmer

SH Member
Dec 25, 2015
Luna makes good bikes. The watt wagon is a nice high end option. The high end Luna are cool.
The Biktrix frame is good enough, guaranteed for life. . I like the dual battery options on the Biktrix.
The original question regarded pulling power. Anything with the Bafang ultra motor is going to give tons of torque
If I had the cash I would go watt wagon.
The Biktrix battery is water proof.

Ontariofarmer

SH Member
Dec 25, 2015
Biktrix has several frames, I would guess 15 frames . One of them is made in the States.

Last edited:
Reactions: Swampwalker

Ontariofarmer

SH Member
Dec 25, 2015
Luna doesn't actually make any frames except for the carbon fiber frames.

I am wrong about that. One of Biktrix frames does come from the USA. I know that for sure.

And you picked one frame. Biktrix has a lot of frames

A Luna is a decent bike. The Biktrix is too and worth a look IMO. A watt wagon is worth a look too

Stolencopy

Aug 30, 2019
New bern
Totally
I am wrong about that. One of Biktrix frames does come from the USA. I know that for sure.

And you picked one frame. Biktrix has a lot of frames

A Luna is a decent bike. The Biktrix is too and worth a look IMO. A watt wagon is worth a look too

Totally agree. Can't go wrong with either one.

I'm actually pretty happy to learn about Biktrix. Looks like a great company.

Reactions: Ontariofarmer

Ontariofarmer

SH Member
Dec 25, 2015
Another option. Frey bikes, but they come from China. Lots of power and good prices. I would rather buy from a North American company, that has decent service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Stolencopy

Aug 30, 2019
New bern
Another option. Frey bikes, but they come from China. Lots of power and good prices. I would rather buy from a North American company, that has decent service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah I've looked at them. They're the same bikes that bolton sells.

Imo a fully suspended carbon ebike would be real hard to beat but you can expect a high price tag.

Hillclimber

Jan 7, 2018
WV
I know everyone is saying the bitrix has power and some other do too, but can they go up steep 4 wheeler roads. Like 30% grade for more than a short distance.

Ontariofarmer

SH Member
Dec 25, 2015
I know everyone is saying the bitrix has power and some other do too, but can they go up steep 4 wheeler roads. Like 30% grade for more than a short distance.

Ask the question on Biktrix FB page. I will ask if you don’t do FB.