• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rappelling video

lol I went try to climb with a ropeman on harness and a ropeman on a foot loop.
I really like the idea of srt but I'm past that now! Lol

lol I went try to climb with a ropeman on harness and a ropeman on a foot loop.
I really like the idea of srt but I'm past that now! Lol
SRT is phenomenal when you do it right.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm new here and have been reading through all these old threads but maybe I'm not getting something...I thought the idea with rappeling down was simplicity, you could rappel down and not have to climb down. You would still use sticks (or a stick) to go up but would just rappel down and then (hopefully) get your rope back. Correct?

I'm new here and have been reading through all these old threads but maybe I'm not getting something...I thought the idea with rappeling down was simplicity, you could rappel down and not have to climb down. You would still use sticks (or a stick) to go up but would just rappel down and then (hopefully) get your rope back. Correct?
Ive hunted a lot where i ascend up the rope, setup,hunt then rappel down. No sticks needed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I don't see the point of rappelling down if you have sticks. Just for using spikes or rope to climb. I want to see a video of climbing with a rope (SRT) for our use. I looked through plenty YouTube videos but they use too much equipment and it's noisy. I know some of you guys have it fine tuned for saddle hunting. That's what I want to see.

I don't see the point of rappelling down if you have sticks. Just for using spikes or rope to climb. I want to see a video of climbing with a rope (SRT) for our use. I looked through plenty YouTube videos but they use too much equipment and it's noisy. I know some of you guys have it fine tuned for saddle hunting. That's what I want to see.
Most of the guys referring to rappeling down on here on doing it after the climb up with spurs, rather than climb back down with spurs. There are a few guys using SRT to climb so they would be rappeling down also, but most of the references you see are guys using spurs.

I was all in on rappelling once I realized flingin' was gonna deliver on the tutorial video but he ended up bailing on me. I think he chose a lame trip to some mountain somewhere so he could snuggle up to his woman at night in a little tent and hope she didn't kick him out for smelling like brook trout. Maybe G2 has what it takes to do a video!

I just have my rappel rope girth hitched as usual. I have paracord tied on to the Fig 8 knot and I use that same paracord as my gear tow line up and down. When you get down, you take the tail of your rope in one hand and the paracord in the other and just separate and pull. It pulls the girth hitch loose and you can walk the rope down.

I just bumped my rappel threads

I was all in on rappelling once I realized flingin' was gonna deliver on the tutorial video but he ended up bailing on me. I think he chose a lame trip to some mountain somewhere so he could snuggle up to his woman at night in a little tent and hope she didn't kick him out for smelling like brook trout. Maybe G2 has what it takes to do a video!

HAHAHA you pretty much nailed it! :D I'm gonna do a video just for you Huck. I promise ;)

HAHAHA you pretty much nailed it! :D I'm gonna do a video just for you Huck. I promise ;)
Thanks bud!!! I really do want to try it this year. Been watching some YouTube stuff but it seems to detail things that the forum members are not mentioning. Look forward to it.

Thanks bud!!! I really do want to try it this year. Been watching some YouTube stuff but it seems to detail things that the forum members are not mentioning. Look forward to it.

It's pretty simple and once you do it a few times there's nothing to it. It's a lot more fun than climbing down on the spikes that's for sure lol. And plus you feel like some kind of ninja :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's pretty simple and once you do it a few times there's nothing to it. It's a lot more fun than climbing down on the spikes that's for sure lol. And plus you feel like some kind of ninja :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hahahahaha

Back