• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Removing bridge Carabiner from Kestrel?

justsomedude

Who has done it? Any regrets after use? The convenience of the carabiner is nice.

I hunted from a crooked tree yesterday and had the carabiner digging into my ribs a lot.

I need to shorten my bridge anyway so I just removed the carabiner and will try using it that way for a while.

I wonder if we will care more once we have bigger clothes and boots on in the winter

I believe that I read G2 went with a fixed length bridge, eliminating both the prusik and carabiner?

The carabiner is a convenience...without it, you just have to step inside the bridge when putting the saddle on.

I've never felt the need for adjustable once I found the sweet spot. With the full length bridge and carabiner, I can't get my tether very low.

I'm back to an adjustable bridge for the time being so I still have a biner.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I fixed mine, but while setting up trees in the hot days I put a biner back on for ease of on and off again.

I took the carabiner off and have a fixed bridge. It is attached with a dmm shackle right now, just trying it out.

They sent mine without the carabiner, just tied in. I just recieved the carabiner this weekend, and wasn't sure whether or not to use it for my tether carabiner. I'm used to using screwlocking carabiners, so the auto locks are new to me. Are they just as strong?

I took mine off before the first sit in it. I have since shortened my bridge and may shorten it a little more. I tied a overhand retrace where I removed the carabiner. I may mive to an amsteel bridge once I decide on length.

Back