• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ropeman 2 on 8mm

Swampfox

Anyone running this setup? I found some 8mm rope that’s fits the safety rating and I’m considering making the purchase. I already have ropeman2s which claim 8mm-13mm rope capabilities. Just wanting someone with experience to chime in before I make the purchase.

I have used 8 mm with the ropeman 2. I use sterling oplux rope. It works fine. I did switch to the Kong duck though.

That’s the rope I’m looking to switch to. You like it? Thinking I’ll splice my own eyes if it’s not too much trouble.

Oh I love it. 8 mm rope rated at 5400 lbs. what’s not to love. I use it for my lineman’s belt, tether, and my bridge. Way less bulk than the 10-13 mm ropes I had. I had a buddy get some and he called sterling about splicing it and sterling told him oplux could not be spliced.

Anyone running this setup? I found some 8mm rope that’s fits the safety rating and I’m considering making the purchase. I already have ropeman2s which claim 8mm-13mm rope capabilities. Just wanting someone with experience to chime in before I make the purchase.

I hated it, the teeth grab like crazy. But if you have them and don't mind them, definitely get the 8mm rope. I like 8mm with prusiks and diy paracord prusik tenders.

I was going to do that too. I have a couple ropeman 2's
The guys on here scared me away from it. The Ropeman 2's fray the rope.
This was my first saddle year so I'm a little cautious.

If you're going to use the ropeman 2 you need to find a rope that has a hard sheath. I'm using 9mm sterling htp. It works great but still picks at the sheath a little bit.

Oh I love it. 8 mm rope rated at 5400 lbs. what’s not to love. I use it for my lineman’s belt, tether, and my bridge. Way less bulk than the 10-13 mm ropes I had. I had a buddy get some and he called sterling about splicing it and sterling told him oplux could not be spliced.

Can the 8mm rope only be ordered through sterling?

If you're going to use the ropeman 2 you need to find a rope that has a hard sheath. I'm using 9mm sterling htp. It works great but still picks at the sheath a little bit.

I just ordered 40 ft of this rope and just realized it wont work with a ropeman 1. Do you like the ropeman 2 on it? Id like to use this rope for my rappel rope and a tether.

The ropeman2's aggressive teeth will eventually shred your rope. If you haven't seen the comparison here is Ropeman1 (red) versus the Ropeman2 (yellow).

20190302_195557_resized(1).jpg20190302_195533_resized.jpg

How long is it supposed to take to fuzz up a rope with a rope man 2? I’ve been using mine on my tether and lineman’s for about the past 20 climbs with zero damage. I actually like the tiny teeth on it. They’re nothing compared to the teeth on my hand ascender. Seems like as long as you open it fully it doesn’t snag at all.

I use a Ropeman2 on my lineman's belt but can't say i am real fond of them. I much prefer a ropeman1 or Kong Duck.

Does anyone use a ropeman 1 on HSS Rope. Don't know if it works on that size
Works fine,no problem there.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
54a1987093576e364faeba1b54dc137d.jpg

Back