• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddlepalooza

Seriously? Will these be every February. I just bid for my vacation and February wasn’t in there.
It sounds like a lot of fun but I need to know in the summer.
I know there has been a lot going on. Ah well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously? Will these be every February. I just bid for my vacation and February wasn’t in there.
It sounds like a lot of fun but I need to know in the summer.
I know there has been a lot going on. Ah well.

I would like to attend some year and I am also in the camp of needing to schedule vacation at least 6 months in advance. If I don't have 6 months I am usually blocked out. Although its not in the cards this year regardless due to a planned elk trip.

I hope so. I’m hoping Greg can find time to do this going again or find some help to get this going.
The first year was great, last year was fantastic I expect it will grow again this year.

I think someone else needs to help take over or have some kind of team to get it going. Greg is so busy he probably forgets to eat most days. He will no doubt need help with it I think. What an incredible job he did last year, I wouldn’t mind if everything was exactly the same (except the kill total lol)

We did a mini one in Massachusetts this past Spring at the Auburn Sportsmans Club. A couple of the guys were inquiring about doing it again, so I will probably try to do it. It was the folks from the MassBowsite forum that got together. Very low key, nothing fancy. It was more of a "what is the saddle hunting thing" type get together. Maybe this year it will consist of more folks that have some experience and we can share what worked and did not work this time.

Anyhooo... I will post it here as well if we do it. Pete

he and I spoke about this a while back and told him I'd jump in to help. He has a plan in his head to distribute out the support. Last year planning didn't get serious until towards end of season

As of now saddlepalooza 2019 will be happening. Nothing has been planned but it will be president's day weekend again at fort stewart again. Like @kelly.jayp said the planning won't start much until around new years. Greg and I sat down at the end of the event last year and made some notes and suggestions to incorporate next year to make it better and smoother. That list includes assigning duties so everyone will share in the workload. :)

As of now saddlepalooza 2019 will be happening. Nothing has been planned but it will be president's day weekend again at fort stewart again. Like @kelly.jayp said the planning won't start much until around new years. Greg and I sat down at the end of the event last year and made some notes and suggestions to incorporate next year to make it better and smoother. That list includes assigning duties so everyone will share in the workload. :)
Well dunk me in rasberry Jello and have a midget slap my a$$, that's exciting news!

Looks like I'll be taking a little time off...

I need to schedule vacation time by November 30th. Is anyone knowledgeable about an exact date.
Thanks in advance

Both Red and Greg have confirmed Presidents Day weekend again this coming year.

I'll let @g2outdoors confirm. He's in charge. I'm 50/50 at best for making it right now. I have to go away for work that week.

Back