• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

SH Podcast S01E05 - John Eberhart

g2outdoors

Vendor Rep
On this episode we’re talking all things Saddle Hunting with John Eberhart. You’ll hear some stories never before told ANYWHERE!

If you don’t know about the Godfather of Saddle Hunting, John Eberhart, this episode will get started down the right path. We talk climbing methods, and platforms, and saddle setups, and safety, and tips and tricks. John also talks about his upcoming workshops and seminars. Die hard saddle hunters are going to love this.

You can learn more about John at his website.

In the next episode we’ll be talking all things SaddlePalooza!

Also, check out our awesome SaddlePalooza sponsors and support them since they support Saddle Hunters!

AeroHunter
EZ Hunter
Stealth Outdoors
Wild Edge
Ernie’s Outdoors
Bryer Precision
Bullman Outdoors
HAWK Hunting

If you listen on iPhone, Android, or Stitcher PLEASE LEAVE US A REVIEW! It helps us get more people in saddles!

Listen on iPhone
Listen on Android
Listen on the Web
Listen on Stitcher

This episode is not showing up in the Google play podcast list. Not sure why?
eadc27e28abfa51f1a1bf0247bc20584.jpg

This episode is not showing up in the Google play podcast list. Not sure why?
eadc27e28abfa51f1a1bf0247bc20584.jpg
It's not on itunes yet either. It was just posted and I suspect it needs time to refresh before it appears.

Yeah, I posted this thread as soon as it went live on our website. It probably won't show up in iTunes or Google until tomorrow morning.

Sorry!

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

It was available through the Apple podcast app last evening at 8:55pm. I listened to the first 25 minutes. Old snaggle tooth Leroy sounded like a real gem!

Just finished it a while ago awesome pod cast! I don't think you can make up characters like Leroy if you tried!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great podcast. I could feel G2 hold back on benefits of platform out of respect for the godfather.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Always enjoy listening to John. He was the one that took the time to get me set up properly (low tether, getting rid of the extra junk on a saddle, and finding my comfort solution). I use a lot of his advice from scouting to the pack I use. Unfortunately with the 90 plus degrees we have down here I don't do the scent lock regime and I do use a Lineman's belt and climbing sticks :) i also perfer to not walk around a tree or to stand on pegs...... but that's what I love about hunting, it's an individual sport and we all find what works best for us. There are far too many people out there posting on YouTube that pass on a lot of bad advice.

Great podcast - thanks guys.

Great podcast. I could feel G2 hold back on benefits of platform out of respect for the godfather.

The dude truly is the godfather. And you felt correctly :)

Here's the thing about @johneberhart - he didn't have the benefit of a community of like minded hunters helping him out. He didn't have an interactive website where he could post ideas and questions. He didn't have the largest repository of user generated video content (YouTube) in the history of the human race. He had to figure all this out on his own. He had to be a pioneer.

Sure, there are some different ways of doing things now. Some better, some...maybe not. Maybe he would like them if he tried them, but he forged the way for all of us. Big big fan. Nothing but respect for John.

The dude truly is the godfather. And you felt correctly :)

Here's the thing about @johneberhart - he didn't have the benefit of a community of like minded hunters helping him out. He didn't have an interactive website where he could post ideas and questions. He didn't have the largest repository of user generated video content (YouTube) in the history of the human race. He had to figure all this out on his own. He had to be a pioneer.

Sure, there are some different ways of doing things now. Some better, some...maybe not. Maybe he would like them if he tried them, but he forged the way for all of us. Big big fan. Nothing but respect for John.
I have the same sentiments.

Heck if I was killing big bucks in a state like MI consistently I wouldn't change a thing no matter how much folks went on about it on social media. Confidence in your gear, technique and yourself is a huge factor in getting it done IMO. John gets it done and no one can legitimately dispute that fact.

I have read John's books but this is the first time I had heard him talk in person. He had me hanging on his every word. A truely enjoyable listen. Great episode guys!

He’s been on Wired to Hunt twice as well as the Big Buck Registry. And did a series on Down South for scent control where they compared Johns approach to Dan Infalt’s. The W2H podcasts are great. I have them saved and go back to them all the time.

He’s been on Wired to Hunt twice as well as the Big Buck Registry. And did a series on Down South for scent control where they compared Johns approach to Dan Infalt’s. The W2H podcasts are great. I have them saved and go back to them all the time.

Thanks! I will be sure to check those out.

Back