• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Silently carry screw in steps

E-climb

I'm new to hunting, this will only be my third season. So far I've been using a few fixed position hang on and ladder stands and a home made aluminum climbing stand but I'm searching for something new and I think I've settled on using a saddle. I used to be a high rise window cleaner so I think saddle hunting will come naturally to me. That said, I wont have a bunch of trees prepared for this season so I'll be screwing tree steps the day of the hunt. Here's my question how do you silently carry screw in steps? I've decided on the ezy deluxe screws Because they are lighter and I like that they can be screwed in straight then folded down unlike rod steps that scrape along the bark as they spin. I'm thinking of making two quivers out of cloth that have a bunch of individual pockets for each step. Then I'll sew a belt loop on the top of each quiver and put one on each side of my belt. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Welcome to the site!

I think you have picked the right screw in step for your purpose. Those steps go in very easily so they are the best for mobile hunting. As far as noise, you would be surprised how quiet you can be with your screw in steps if you just keep them in a small accessory pouch such as this one:
91hxw9m2K2L._SY355_.jpg

I'd give something like that a shot before you go through the work of customizing. You could help keep it a little quieter by having some fleece stuffed in there as well.

Back