• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sneak peak at two new saddles

essdub

Here's a sneak peak of two saddles I'm workin on.
One is basically just a battle belt with a belt and loops for bridge sewed on. The other is a lineman belt I'm modifying. I really like the second one, but I gotta change that dadgum blue webbing it came with to something less conspicuous. (I have a plan -muahahahahaha)
More to come within a few days.
5bef6d586bb7dc2600de59fbd15323b5.jpg
a47566afd305e4c27a36bae2dcec66a3.jpg

Shaun

I can't tell them apart! Old eyes!

But looking forward to what you do with them.

That's funny I'm working on a new harness with the battle belt being part of it also

I made a different sling out of this battle belt a while back, but I never could get the lengths quite right to make it comfy. I tried to make a sling similar to the big buck sling with the battle belt attached to the top portion so I'd have a secure belt with padding in addition to the lower web sling seat portion. I still like the idea, I'm simply not up to the task of successfully building that one yet. I'd pay good money for someone else to do it for me though

Shaun

I'll post pics if I ever actually get it made. I made a real lightweight one that I used this last season and it worked great on sits less than 4hrs, so looking at trying to make a real comfortable one now that I can use for all day hunts, actually all year. Just have a hard time justifying spending the money to buy a tribe

I put what I believe to be the finishing touches on one of the saddles/slings last night. Well, almost. I still need to camo a piece of it. I'll post pics today after work, hopefully from a tree

Shaun

Re: RE: Re: Sneak peak at two new saddles

kenn1320 said:
Pics pics pics :cool:
Here's the rough draft of this new saddle. I still have to sew the camo cloth on it (it's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow) and I'll probably tinker with it. But I sat in it today and although the battle belt is a little long, it is very comfy and suits my style pretty well. The length of the battle belt doesn't affect where my loops or bridge go, because the belt with the loops threads through the battle belt and exits the battle belt before the ends of the battle belt continue around to meet in front of me.
Anyways, here's a couple pics and a video - keep in mind that I still have to camo it up and still tinker with it a bit. Oh, and this is the two belts pictured above combined. Will post more pics/video when I complete the camo and mods

c64ad74974eca5aa89bfd69f51316cfc.jpg
c3e4cd49a3fddc0e27e118650f7e9a4b.jpg
75d66f6d337506c26fd5349fb82e7276.jpg

https://youtu.be/wRlM5yo9asc
kenn1320 said:
Pics pics pics :cool:

Shaun

It's an entirely different animal.
This one is a little heavier, but not as heavy as aero hunter. Maybe a little closer to the top belt portion of the aero with the original type bridge.
This one is padded and has molle attachments around it. It had multiple loops to attach lineman belt and bridge. The bridge attachment loops are large and at my hips and are made by sewing 1"tubular webbing to saddle front and back then wrapping three times around the belt (sewing each wrap) to make the loops three layers of the tubular webbing (each sewed on top of previous layer) for more strength and rigidity. In the video I started out with the bridge and lineman belt ( a 26 ft piece of 3/8"Dyneema)attached to the front loops , then when I sat in the saddle I moved the bridge attachment to the rear loops (just to feel the difference and to demonstrate).
The Ken sling is certainly a lil lighter and better looking and designed. But this one really is made to my exact size and fits my style. I'll be using both.
I love the large heavy rear loops, the front lineman climbing belt loops, the molle loops, and the extra padding on this one. Wish I could have made it as soft as and light as (with the ability to cradle my backside the way the Ken sling does)the Ken sling. But the Ken sling is made with three lengths of webbing as a "frame"that cups you, this one only has the one belt (unless I can figure out how to add a piece of webbing at the top and bottom of the belt), it gives no"cupping"of the backside

Shaun

Interesting Shaun, I know cbigbear uses the battle belt in conjunction with his bod harness. He said it makes the 1 stick method more comfortable, cause lets be honest the bod harness isnt comfortable to hang from.

I picked up a battle belt to fool around with too. Too many projects, not enough time :lol:

There are some things I like about it, and some I don't, so we'll see how it ends up for me.

I have figured out a way to make this sling more comfortable. I'm messing around with it now. I'll have to sew it to make it permanent, but I now have a butt strap.
82399746e69a30620368f6d1b18428a5.jpg
ae161d3401f6974fe57237ecae343eaf.jpg
dd896644b72f73283ba6b8a47135eb8c.jpg

Shaun

I can remember one time last year in this forum that somebody was referred to as"the strap on guy" when a user asked a question about steps or something.
So I stand by my butt strap. Lol

Shaun

You guys keep chasing two rabbits and re-creating the Aerohunter.... Make up your mind already minimalist or comfy seat :D :D :D :D :D

truth. Still not as bad as the arrowhunter. If essdub adds the paws it's officially a copycat. I hate the paws.

I think the Kenn sling is close if we can move some loops....

Re: RE: Re: Sneak peak at two new saddles

DaveT1963 said:
You guys keep chasing two rabbits and re-creating the Aerohunter.... Make up your mind already minimalist or comfy seat :D :D :D :D :D
This one is gonna stay sorta minimal. With the option of the weBbing butt strap which I might use for long sits.
I really like how this one is set up. I like my loops and I will probably keep the metal rings that I removed and sewed back into a different position. I'm gonna camo it though.

Shaun

Back