• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Something to lean, (fall) back on

CharlieRayT

Ordered one of these today to tinker around with. Doesn’t hurt to have an extra saddle just in case.
f3ffaabb590bd15a8cb220953a6d104f.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still haven’t upgraded from my sit drag.

Burned through most of the year’s discretionary money with Saddlepalooza and a Dan Infalt scouting session. Lol, I don’t have spending money again until September.

I think I’m gonna leave it just bare bones. Amsteel bridge will probably be about it.

I think I’m gonna leave it just bare bones. Amsteel bridge will probably be about it.

I put in a waist belt from the strap they used as the tether. But, I don’t run an RC harness so it is what keeps it attached to me.

The first time it drops down behind your knees while you are adjusting your prussik you will change your mind. I think anyone using one above ground level should add at the very minimum, a belt.

Charlie it really depends on how you plan to use it. I put belt loops on mine and ran a riggers belt through it and used the rappell loop as a secondary tie in point. I think @g2outdoors went with a polymer version of a cobra buckle. It’s not “load bearing “ but keeps it where you want it. If your not going to use the loops as linesmans loops a small one inch side lock buckle would probably suffice. Heck a cheap military style cloth belt with the d ring buckle would work. I’ll follow all of that with the need to wear a safety harness stuff.

I put a rigger's belt on mine. That seemed to work really well, and also with my wild Edge steps I can clip into my stepps waist-high with a carabiner like Cain does.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Do you have some pictures you could share?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Do you have some pictures you could share?

Sure thing, here it is. I double up using a rock climbing harness and my rigger's belt for safety. I use the Speedy Stitcher to attach the rigger's belt to the sit drag.
5f9469f910aad09a213f43a95ce7160a.jpg

@Limbbender

Last edited:
Also full disclosure here, I only hunted from the ground using the sit drag last year because I did not have a climbing method worked out before hunting season started. Between bow and gun I sat in the sit drag over 14 sits. Now that I have had a whole offseason to practice, I am all set.

Thanks for the picture. I was wondeeing if you had left the righers belt fully intact or not.a. i see you cut it. I was thinking having it sewn all the way around would give more oprins as far as climbing using the Cain method. The loosen up a bit and add a safety line from the rig point to the tether. I probably don't make sense.

Yeah, I had to cut it, I put on too much winter weight. I would have kept it intact if possible.

Back