• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Southern states. Camo

+1 in Sitka ESW. Also the new Forloh with Insect Shield - although I wish the pants were a bit longer and had more pockets.

Man, those must be some tough skeeters. My ThermaCell keeps Mississippi delta skeeters off me. If it weren't for the ThermaCell I would need a non-stop blood transfusion going while I hunt so I wouldn't pass out. I'm not doubting you but dang, how do you stand it?

My warm weather clothes are some quick dry mesh undies, wrangler cheapo pants, quick dry type long sleeve with a face gaiter and hood built in, visor, liner socks, and quick dry socks..tingley or Crocs.... thermacell, a bug headnet, and quick dry gloves. Treat everything with permethrin.
I'm glad these coastal swamp skeeters are affected by thermacell....sure I still get bit but it's 50 bites vs 5000

I shot six here in early season in shorts and tee shirt or no shirt. I feel for you guys w/the big skeeters. Even in the heat they are not too bad here.

Back