• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Spartan Forge Platform Now Offers LIDAR

BackSpasm

SH Member
This is the first time I have seen LIDAR accessible through a hunting app. It is available on desktop only at the moment but LIDAR with adjustable 3D relief mode that you can browse anywhere is BLOWING MY MIND

This is the first time I have seen LIDAR accessible through a hunting app. It is available on desktop only at the moment but LIDAR with adjustable 3D relief mode that you can browse anywhere is BLOWING MY MIND
It’s been on HuntStand for a while but I am glad SF has it now too. It’s called terrain on there. Maybe a little different but pretty similar.

It’s been on HuntStand for a while but I am glad SF has it now too. It’s called terrain on there. Maybe a little different but pretty similar.
They really have true LIDAR as well? I looked all over and can't find any mention of it on their site. Google terrain type imaging and lidar where you can see specific tree root balls are different

They really have true LIDAR as well? I looked all over and can't find any mention of it on their site. Google terrain type imaging and lidar where you can see specific tree root balls are different

I think Huntstands terrain model is based off of USGS 20’ contour interval data.

Does Spartan Forge give a resolution/contour Interval of their LiDAR data? Is it available for all States and Counties.

It’s available on the iPhone app now.

1ef455e67a9489c0083eca1c75b18bc6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just have to use it more in general. I really like the app and it has a ton of info but I tend to revert back to the old standby because I’m familiar with all the features and can access them more quickly.

I just have to use it more in general. I really like the app and it has a ton of info but I tend to revert back to the old standby because I’m familiar with all the features and can access them more quickly.
I really like having 2 apps, not just 1. Each one on the market right now has features I like but I’ve narrowed it down to 2 that has majority of what I like in the apps in general. If I only had 1 I would miss the other one.

Looking forward to using the lidar imagining up the mountains. Not being talked about but SF now has the forestry cuts available as well, that was the only reason I maintained OnX.

SF is getting better and better. Happy I made the switch from OnX. I don’t see a ton of active spartan forge forums online so if the development team reads this I have a couple of improvement requests: PLEASE let me change the color of the shapes I draw on the map so they aren’t all orange. Please let me export my hunt journals as text so I can print them for a hard copy back up/ store them for my kids to read one day etc. Finally, I would really love it if there was a checkbox on the line edit tool where I can turn off the displayed yardage measurement from point to point. All of those distances junk up the screen on properties I hunt but I don’t always want the lines to be gone from my display entirely

I just downloaded the app this morning and got my one year subscription. Used to using Onx, but I’m excited to try this out. Does anyone know if you can transfer my Intel from Onx to Spartan Forge? Not sure if that’s an option or not. Thanks

I just downloaded the app this morning and got my one year subscription. Used to using Onx, but I’m excited to try this out. Does anyone know if you can transfer my Intel from Onx to Spartan Forge? Not sure if that’s an option or not. Thanks

You can bulk transfer but you will have to reassign all the waypoint icons as they will appear as question marks. Been there done that. Give it some time and the use will get more and more natural vs onx. Onx is a bit more intuitive but SF is so feature rich

You can do that on a computer, not your phone.

Will my information still be saved on my Onx? I’m very bad with technology…but I still love technology.1694452176989.gif

Back