• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Team 10

Exhumis

SH Member
This is team 10 pointers right? Or is it team 10 points. Either way I am present.

Let’s go!!!! I missed out last year due to moving at the beginning of the season. Pumped to compete again, should be a good one.

It got cooler earlier than normal this year, hopefully it stays that way. Last couple of years during the rut it was in the 70s and 3 years ago the 80s. I know that’s nothing for you southern boys but that’s about 35 degrees warmer than normal.

Got some good setups prepped on private this year but still looking to get on them on the public around me.

15 days and counting here in MI, let’s get after it 10!!

Today was opening day here and I had to work but don't have any place to hunt yet anyway. Majority of the places to hunt around me are on a lottery system. My buddy offered me his guest permit for a wma that I've never hunted before. That is next weekend. I've gone to the woods twice and walked around and rode my bike. If for whatever reason that falls thru and my buddy can't make it there is a military base that will be open for 3 days during the week that I don't need a quota permit to hunt. I have to see how that goes...I may take a day or 2 off work or go 3 afternoons....gotta play it by ear cause we slammed at work

Oct I have a muzzleloader hunt in my favorite wma. That's right around the time the "rut" for that area is supposed to be. I'm excited for that hunt..... And then the very next weekend u guys will get to see some cool pics from a really unique hunt I am going on. Me and a handful of buddies are going to an island for 4 days to archery hunt whitetails. This island has a population of sambar deer that they offer a hunt for. I didn't draw sambar but a couple of the guys in the group did so we are all gonna be hunting deer but also scouting for their sambar hunt.....it's gonna be sweet

Nov I have a gun hunt in a place I missed a real nice buck last year with my bow. I've been twice recently to poke around and when I went back to the area to revisit the scene I bumped a nicer buck .....maybe it's him? Then I drew a 2nd gun hunt in a wma that I've hunted before. That military base opens up the archery only quota free hunts toward the end of the month and stays open till the end of deer season

Don't expect much of me as far as points go but I'll have some photos to share

Last edited:
..... And then the very next weekend u guys will get to see some cool pics from a really unique hunt I am going on. Me and a handful of buddies are going to an island for 4 days to archery hunt whitetails. This island has a population of sambar deer that they offer a hunt for. I didn't draw sambar but a couple of the guys in the group did so we are all gonna be hunting deer but also scouting for their sambar hunt.....it's gonna be sweet

Had to look one up, those things look AWESOME, kinda like a cross a stag and an elk? I need to do some more reading on them.

They like an Oriental elk kinda sorta.....search st Vincent Island if u want to read/learn about the hunt

i have wanted to go on this hunt for a while but I've never had a ride over. If the weather is pleasant u can paddle a canoe/kayak over but the weather is notorious for not being so pleasant....I have met some great folks over the last couple years at our saddle get togethers and I finally gonna go do it. Hopefully this becomes an annual trip...it takes years of applying to draw the sambar hunt but you can get the whitetail easily....so why not go hang with ur bros, hunt, and gather info for future seasons when I finally do draw the sambar hunt.

I think u all know but I'm located in northeast Florida.....where are you guys at?

They like an Oriental elk kinda sorta.....search st Vincent Island if u want to read/learn about the hunt

i have wanted to go on this hunt for a while but I've never had a ride over. If the weather is pleasant u can paddle a canoe/kayak over but the weather is notorious for not being so pleasant....I have met some great folks over the last couple years at our saddle get togethers and I finally gonna go do it. Hopefully this becomes an annual trip...it takes years of applying to draw the sambar hunt but you can get the whitetail easily....so why not go hang with ur bros, hunt, and gather info for future seasons when I finally do draw the sambar hunt.

I think u all know but I'm located in northeast Florida.....where are you guys at?
Northern Virginia here

I got a bunch of stuff still to do...I still have to print out all the required paperwork, sharpen broadheads, organize all the hunting junk. My buddy just verified he still planning on making the hunt so things looking good.

I have a handful of spots in mind that I can choose from once we get there and see how the other hunters gonna effect things and see the prevailing wind for the day is. I have seen multiple deer on my 2 trips. This wma isnt as bad as some I hunted but it definitely isn't the best as far as forest management....u walk/ride the roads searching for a break in the vegetation a lot.....once u find the way off the road u pretty much either hunting a clear cut or a swamp bottom. The deer have all been in the clear cuts and tons of pig sign in the swamps.

This is my 8th deer season since deciding to learn how to hunt. Still learning bunches about the critters... I've been using a saddle for 4 years and haven't changed any gear for 3 seasons now...saddle system dialed. I've never killed a buck before.. so yeah, I suck

I am in the South West part of Virginia (Roanoke) and hunt some around here, but do the majority of my hunting over in Southeastern WV (Monroe County). Those 2 tens along with a real wide 8 and a tall 8 are on that WV property. It is 50 acres bordered by another 131 acre unused farm that I also have access to.

This is my 8th deer season since deciding to learn how to hunt. Still learning bunches about the critters... I've been using a saddle for 4 years and haven't changed any gear for 3 seasons now...saddle system dialed. I've never killed a buck before.. so yeah, I suck

I have never hunted them, but I thought the pigs were way harder to kill than deer, and you seem to do that pretty well! Just a matter of time before a buck is standing in your sights.

I feel you man. I’ve been hunting deer over ten years and I’ve only ever killed some small spikes. The two parcels I hunt I share with another hunter and every year they text me pics of giant 8s they’ve harvested usually two days after I’ve been there. Some day.

I've been sooo close but for 1 reason or another it never worked out. Last year's encounter was the closest yet. I actually shot at 1 hahahahahaha

2 years ago I let a legal buck walk by me at 15yds because I didn't fully understand the rules....so stupid

I have never hunted them, but I thought the pigs were way harder to kill than deer, and you seem to do that pretty well! Just a matter of time before a buck is standing in your sights.
I hope u right....

Yeah pigs are different...they have really good nose and physically they are way harder to kill. On the flip side they usually noisy critters and blind as a bat so if u hear em and the wind is in your favor u can stalk hunt them fairly easily because they can't see too good. They bred like crazy so there's tons of em. Some of my hunting buddies don't mess with them but I like hunting them....probably cause I haven't killed a whole lot of critter yet in my hunting "career"....I like killing them just as much as deer but rather eat a deer over a hog

Checking in. Looking forward to the contest and seeing what our team can do! As someone stated before, my target is a 10 as well so fingers crossed!

TEAM 10! I'm in Arkansas, just moved a little further north and east. I've got several WMAs close and a lead on some private. With a baby due in mid December the clock is ticking.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Back