• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Welcome to the forum!

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
Hi everyone! My name is Scott and I wanted to create this forum as a place for everyone who hunts out of a saddle style stand to get together to share information and make new friends. The forum is in it's infancy and will continue to grow. Please reach out to me with any advice or requests!

Welcome!

Scott,

Hey, this is Joe O'Connor (joaxe), also known as "Aero" Joe.

Thanks for putting this site up and for trying to spark up interest. I am in contact with New Tribe, makers of the Aero Hunter, who also asked me to check out your site. I just registered.

Hopefully, we'll get some good threads started on here specifically for saddle hunting.

Thanks and Good Luck with the board,

"Aero" Joe

Hey Scott,

Thanks for creating this website. I think it could be really useful place for all saddle users to share what they have learned over the years.

Thanks,
Boswell

Scott,
Thanks for creating this site, I hope that it becomes a good place for all saddle hunters to come and share there advice and experience.

Thanks,
Boswell

joaxe said:
Scott,

Thanks for putting this site up and for trying to spark up interest. I am in contact with New Tribe, makers of the Aero Hunter, who also asked me to check out your site. I just registered.

Hopefully, we'll get some good threads started on here specifically for saddle hunting.

"Aero" Joe

Joe,

Thanks for joining! I know that this style of hunting isn't for everyone so it may take a little while to get a "core" group of users on here. I do think that anyone who really hunts out of a saddle is a hardcore user and that this is the perfect place for people like us to get together. Please post anything and everything up on here to help get us going. Tell New Tribe that they are more than welcome to join and promote their product. This site is for all saddle users and we will support all brands of saddles.

If you have any problems with the forum, please let me know. This is my first forum and I'm sure I will have to work out bugs along the way (I just had to turn off my approval of all posts lol). I'm hoping to get everything worked out before we get close to hunting season when I am sure interest will pick up.

BTW I think I saw your posts in the AT homemade walk in cooler thread. I also built a cooler with a coolbot last summer. We'll have to chat about that sometime.

Thanks again for joining. I really hope this turns into a friendly place for saddle users to get together.

-Scott

Boudreaux said:
Scott,
Thanks for creating this site, I hope that it becomes a good place for all saddle hunters to come and share there advice and experience.

Thanks,
Boswell

Thanks Boswell!

I do not do much posting over on AT but I do frequently read the posts over there. I have read many of your posts on the tree saddle and more recently the Aero hunter and I know that you will be a great addition to this site.

Feel free to post about anything and everything to get some topics rolling. Please share the site with anyone who you think may be interested.

Please let me know if I can do anything to improve the site.

Thanks again!

Scott

Scott,
Thanks for puttng the site together. I foresee a lot of good things coming from this as a resource for saddle hunters. Keep up the good work!

Bigburner said:
Scott,
Thanks for puttng the site together. I foresee a lot of good things coming from this as a resource for saddle hunters. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Bigburner! Welcome to the site! :D

redsquirrel said:
joaxe said:
Scott,

"Aero" Joe

Joe,

Thanks for joining! I know that this style of hunting isn't for everyone so it may take a little while to get a "core" group of users on here. I do think that anyone who really hunts out of a saddle is a hardcore user and that this is the perfect place for people like us to get together. Please post anything and everything up on here to help get us going. Tell New Tribe that they are more than welcome to join and promote their product. This site is for all saddle users and we will support all brands of saddles.

If you have any problems with the forum, please let me know. This is my first forum and I'm sure I will have to work out bugs along the way (I just had to turn off my approval of all posts lol). I'm hoping to get everything worked out before we get close to hunting season when I am sure interest will pick up.

BTW I think I saw your posts in the AT homemade walk in cooler thread. I also built a cooler with a coolbot last summer. We'll have to chat about that sometime.

Thanks again for joining. I really hope this turns into a friendly place for saddle users to get together.

-Scott

"BTW I think I saw your posts in the AT homemade walk in cooler thread. I also built a cooler with a coolbot last summer. We'll have to chat about that sometime."

Haha! Ready when you are... :mrgreen:

"Aero" Joe

"BTW I think I saw your posts in the AT homemade walk in cooler thread. I also built a cooler with a coolbot last summer. We'll have to chat about that sometime."

Haha! Ready when you are... :mrgreen:

"Aero" Joe[/quote]

Joe... see my post on the new General Hunting Discussion Board :D

Hello everyone. Chris here. I read your response on thehuntingbeast and decided to register and check your site out. I have an Ambush and a neoprene Tree Saddle myself. I started hunting this way 3 years ago and never looked back. I've gotten a lot of advice and ideas from the guys that posted above me here.

I personally use Muddy Sticks to get up the trees. I have a set up where the sticks hook to my backpack. I usually hunt far back in public lands, so this system works best for me. I'm open to reading about and trying new ideas though, so I'm excited to see this site up and running.

Chris Conroy said:
Hello everyone. Chris here. I read your response on thehuntingbeast and decided to register and check your site out. I have an Ambush and a neoprene Tree Saddle myself. I started hunting this way 3 years ago and never looked back. I've gotten a lot of advice and ideas from the guys that posted above me here.

I personally use Muddy Sticks to get up the trees. I have a set up where the sticks hook to my backpack. I usually hunt far back in public lands, so this system works best for me. I'm open to reading about and trying new ideas though, so I'm excited to see this site up and running.

Welcome to the site Chris! :D

I hunt far back in public lands as well. I would love to see a picture of your setup with your sticks on your backpack. I have been fooling around with a couple different ways to do this myself.

Hello to everyone,
I am Jeremy from southwest ohio and I been using the trophyline saddle for a few years, and love it, I feel like a tree Nija lol, I look forward to what the site will have to offer all saddle users.
Let me know if I an help out.

Saddle Assassin
Jeremy

Saddle Assassin said:
Hello to everyone,
I am Jeremy from southwest ohio and I been using the trophyline saddle for a few years, and love it, I feel like a tree Nija lol, I look forward to what the site will have to offer all saddle users.
Let me know if I an help out.

Saddle Assassin
Jeremy

Great to see you here Jeremy! Welcome to the site! :D
Post up some pics of your taxidermy work!

Saddle Assassin said:
Here is a deer I took second place at out Ohio state show

Beautiful deer. Great job! Did you shoot him?

Nice job on the mount saddle assassin. Beautiful looking deer.
Redsquirrel I was glad to see your post on the Hunting Beast. Good bunch of dudes over there

Back