• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What about it Hybrid fans?

First official kill from the HYBRID!!
a645d623a68b42df8b296d142a84233a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Nice buck!

I received mine yesterday. I did a little test sitting in it at ground level today. I'll try to do my own full review of it in the next week or so when I get some free time and get a little more sit time in it, but wanted to give my first impressions.

Looks to be very well made, great attention to detail. The shoulder straps are very comfortable. I can definitely see how you could use it as a sudo pack frame... I put 24 pounds of gear between the back rest and the seat and it actually carried very comfortably, I only walked around with it for about 5 minutes however.

Strapped to a tree.. this thing is comfy! I have used the original Web fairly extensively over the years, in my opinion this stand is just as comfortable. It is easy to adjust your height and seat angle to get the perfect level of comfort as well as adjust the back rest to your liking (you can change this very easily throughout your hunt as well), sit straight up or get a little ghetto lean going on if you want. The adjustable whale tail is a nice touch that lets you get perfect comfort based on your liking or the tree your using... notice how I keep using the word "comfort"? The mesh seating and resulting air flow make this much cooler than the original as well.

I have a feeling this bad boy is going to fit into my arsenal very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't know these were on sale yet?? I thought they would be going on sale next year, post season! I would love to get one of these for my dad. Link?
Same here. I even tried the website and couldn’t even find it. Where are you guys buying these? Very interested...

I know some of us (myself included) were in contact with John during the prototyping and got on a preorder list. I would contract John through his website (or email, which is on the website) and see about availability. John is a great guy to deal with (I never knew him before this new hybrid, so my dealings with him have only been regarding his product and it has been nothing but 110% positive) so don’t be afraid to reach out! The new Hybrid is just awesome!

I know some of us (myself included) were in contact with John during the prototyping and got on a preorder list. I would contract John through his website (or email, which is on the website) and see about availability. John is a great guy to deal with (I never knew him before this new hybrid, so my dealings with him have only been regarding his product and it has been nothing but 110% positive) so don’t be afraid to reach out! The new Hybrid is just awesome!

Could you link the website please?

I got my hybrid yesterday. I have not hunted with it yet but all the little details have been looked after. I expect it carries like a mystery ranch pop up - I dont have one of those ... it feels light on the back and it looks less busy than the old guidos. I will try it out next week hunting.

Last edited:
I had 3 muddy sticks, fanny pack, an aider in a bag, coat and bibs between the seat and back rest this morning. The hybrid carried it well without any type of pressure on my body.
The hybrid carries gear great.

Tip......
If you climb down with seat folded up, Be sure when you hook up the lineman's belt after your hunt, make sure that you hook up by running the lineman's between you and the harnesses that get folded up behind you (bridge and carabiner).

Yes, the Hybrid carries gear and weight very well! I was thinking of trying to change the regular belt pull to an inward pull system to be able to get it tighter for heavier loads but found that you can grab the loop for the linesman’s belt and pull forward while tightening the belt and get it really tight. It really is very comfy with weight in the pack and cinched up.

I’ve done a few more sits near ground level and have my system pretty well worked out now, Autumnrider is right, keep the linesman’s belt between your body and the harness when hooking back up or you won’t be able to fold the seat back up behind you. It’s a great system and the comfort is the best!!

I had 3 muddy sticks, fanny pack, an aider in a bag, coat and bibs between the seat and back rest this morning. The hybrid carried it well without any type of pressure on my body.
Do you think you could attach some stick talons to the pack frame edge to carry sticks. Did you carry anything to stand on. I will try to hunt tomorrow pm out of mine.

This was what I wanted to ask about! I looked on the site but couldn’t tell. Is there a gear bag built into this or some type of attachement system for a bag, climbing system etc? Anyone near by that I could have a look at yours? Sauk co Wisconsin.

Back