• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Which saddle

bcsportsman

I purchased a sitdrag and did a little modifying just to see if I like saddle hunting. After playing with it in the yard and making one hunt I now want to buy a saddle. I'm in Louisiana so the guidos web is out because of everyone saying it's hot. So do I buy and old trophyline or so I just buy the new aero? Opinions

I live in Georgia. It's hot no matter what we do. Unless you find a really good deal on a trophyline I would go ahead and get the kestrel. If you are worried about heat and do decide to get a trophyline they say the neoprene is hot also. I think the kestrel is the safest option out there right now. It is also the most ready to hunt option. I decided to go ahead and dedicate this season to the kestrel but I think during the early season next year the sit drag will see more use so don't get rid of yours yet.

Cost being comparable I would go w the kestrel. There is a wait as it is still in the pre order stages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goodness Gracious!!!!! If I could roll my eyes any further they'd get stuck in the back of my head. This is like comparing a calculator to an abacus!!

They're just trying to get you to roll them back far enough to reset so you can see the truth. I think they are great at $150. Not so much at the cost of a new kestrel and over what they cost new 10+ years ago.

Well I saw a few at the just about the same price. That's why I was asking. Thanks for the info

They're just trying to get you to roll them back far enough to reset so you can see the truth. I think they are great at $150. Not so much at the cost of a new kestrel and over what they cost new 10+ years ago.
I think they are great at whatever price someone is willing to pay. For me there is nothing better but that is largely based on the fact that I haven't tried anything else. The Kestrel is obviously a great product based on the reviews but I see nothing about it "yet" that offers me anything that my saddle doesn't. Weight being the one exception. I have a green Kestrel on order and look forward to trying it out.

It is going to be an individual preference no matter who makes it. I'm sure your trophyline is like my old sealey mattress. It doesn't matter what's better. Nothing else feels right.
I wish trophyline was still in business. There's no telling what kind of innovation could have happened by now.

It is going to be an individual preference no matter who makes it. I'm sure your trophyline is like my old sealey mattress. It doesn't matter what's better. Nothing else feels right.
I wish trophyline was still in business. There's no telling what kind of innovation could have happened by now.
Agreed!!!!

Back