• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

XOP fast strap button

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
@BassBoysLLP, I saw you have the xop fast strap button on one of your platforms. How is it? Does the head of the bolt sit flush in the button? I'm thinking this button might work better for the hawk stick mod, like the old lone wolf button that was flush.

Thoughts?

I like it. It's simply more robust and easier to work with due to the profile.

I've used the button with the provided flush mount bolt as well as a bolt that doesn't sit perfectly flush. Both work fine, but I plan to eventually swap the poorly fitting bolt for a correctly sized one.

Those playing with the XOP post can chime in as well.

I like it. It's simply more robust and easier to work with due to the profile.

I've used the button with the provided flush mount bolt as well as a bolt that doesn't sit perfectly flush. Both work fine, but I plan to eventually swap the poorly fitting bolt for a correctly sized one.

Those playing with the XOP post can chime in as well.
Are you saying the provided bolt is poor fitting or are you referring to the other one you tried? Think I'm gonna pick a few up to give them a shot.

The bolt provided fits perfect. I needed a longer one for the build so I used one without a tapered head. The hexagonal head still seated in the taper preventing any movement.

The bolt provided fits perfect. I needed a longer one for the build so I used one without a tapered head. The hexagonal head still seated in the taper preventing any movement.
Gotcha. Thanks!

Nice button, easier to get strap on vs LW but also have to watch you have it fully on. Im using hex head bolt and it sits proud, but is about half recessed. Red I wouldn't get rid of my proud hex head bolts on the LW for anything. Its a positive lock for location and love it. In fact any noise I get is rear of stick shifting around.

Nice button, easier to get strap on vs LW but also have to watch you have it fully on. Im using hex head bolt and it sits proud, but is about half recessed. Red I wouldn't get rid of my proud hex head bolts on the LW for anything. Its a positive lock for location and love it. In fact any noise I get is rear of stick shifting around.
You're using different bolts that what comes on them? Link? Pics?

No pics handy, but reading my post again I used hex head in the wrong place. I have hex head on my new xop stick and button and its fine for that. On my helium sticks I love the socket head cap screw(allen bolt) head proud of the LW button as I drilled a pilot hole to sink it into the stick above it like LW does. Works great and I have no desire to change that.
Not worth uploading pics of the half recessed hex, but pm a cell number and Ill text ya a pic if you want it.

No pics handy, but reading my post again I used hex head in the wrong place. I have hex head on my new xop stick and button and its fine for that. On my helium sticks I love the socket head cap screw(allen bolt) head proud of the LW button as I drilled a pilot hole to sink it into the stick above it like LW does. Works great and I have no desire to change that.
Not worth uploading pics of the half recessed hex, but pm a cell number and Ill text ya a pic if you want it.
No need for the pic. When you did the pilot hole so it sinks into the stick above it, does the entire unmodified versa button fit between the sticks, or are the buttons still slightly wider than the gap?

Back