• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

XOP no longer selling platforms?

DanO

Vendor Rep
@DannyAttacksTheMountain mentioned in another post that they no longer sell the XOP platform. I logged onto their site and noticed the same thing. Also, no standoff brackets or i-beams either. Anyone called them to find out what's going on yet?

I use the standoff brackets for DIY sticks. I had picked up an i-beam and XOP seat casting but haven't made a platform out of them yet. I switched to the SloMo scooter platform instead for my first platform.

Yeah, just saw that - $119! They sell the bracket we use for the platform post, but not the standoff brackets for sticks - two different brackets.

Yeah, just saw that - $119! They sell the bracket we use for the platform post, but not the standoff brackets for sticks - two different brackets.
Looks like standoffs should be your next project Any word on phase two of the steps?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Maybe they are working on a new platform for saddle hunting and don't want guys making their own?

They sell the seat casting as part of a kit now. It’s $120 I believe which makes it quite costly just to get the seat casting when for a little more you can have a platform solution in the predator. I’m sure the decision to so that had something to do with saddlehunter.com lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I still don't understand it though - sell products = make money. Take them off the market = no money. They had disclaimers on the site that they were only intended as replacement parts which should have been enough for the lawyers but apparently not.

I still don't understand it though - sell products = make money. Take them off the market = no money. They had disclaimers on the site that they were only intended as replacement parts which should have been enough for the lawyers but apparently not.

Well when you've got a monopoly on replacement seat castings I suppose you can do what you like lol

But I agree. Missed opportunity for them IMO. Many of the guys who bought the casting were never going to buy a full hang on stand anyway. Possibly their sticks, but maybe the fact that we can't get parts from them anymore is a deterrent to buy anything else from them... oh well.

Well when you've got a monopoly on replacement seat castings I suppose you can do what you like lol

But I agree. Missed opportunity for them IMO. Many of the guys who bought the casting were never going to buy a full hang on stand anyway. Possibly their sticks, but maybe the fact that we can't get parts from them anymore is a deterrent to buy anything else from them... oh well.
Actually, they don't have a monopoly on the seat castings. Lone Wolf sells these along with the tree v-brackets we need.
https://www.lonewolfhuntingproducts.com/shop/Products/Seat-Kit__SK.aspx

Actually, they don't have a monopoly on the seat castings. Lone Wolf sells these along with the tree v-brackets we need.

Would you just need to get 2 brackets and the seat, then source a 1.25" +/- aluminum tube?

Would you just need to get 2 brackets and the seat, then source a 1.25" +/- aluminum tube?
Yep. I used 9" 1.25" x 1/8" wall 6061 aluminum tubing for my platform posts. Two tree brackets (not V brackets for climbing sticks). You'll also need a strap.

Yep. I used 9" 1.25" x 1/8" wall 6061 aluminum tubing for my platform posts. Two tree brackets (not V brackets for climbing sticks). You'll also need a strap.

I spent some time reading through the threads davet1963 and cbigbear started with their builds (almost feeling tempted to dig into your scooter concept). Seems utilizing a stick instead of aluminum held some traction then fell off. Any reason to that? @g2outdoors was rocking that, but then mentioned it may not have been that safe.

Also, the single bolt to hold the seat in place seems like it'd require a lot of force or inevitably slip and leave you with a short fall. I guess that's not the case if everyone is doing it.

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a LW Elite seat and 2 V brackets or a lone stick and mount the seat higher up.

I still use my original platforms but I much prefer the Klemz or now the Tether'd Predator. The Predator has just the right amount of platform space, is super light, but most of all it packs up so dang nicely.

I still use my original platforms but I much prefer the Klemz or now the Tether'd Predator. The Predator has just the right amount of platform space, is super light, but most of all it packs up so dang nicely.

I appreciate it. The Predator is coming in at the same price point as the 'assemble your own' method. I may go that route and in the interim get some Primal Steps to hold me through the 8 week wait.

I appreciate it. The Predator is coming in at the same price point as the 'assemble your own' method. I may go that route and in the interim get some Primal Steps to hold me through the 8 week wait.
You can't go wrong with the Predator. However, the DIY version should be much cheaper, depending on which seat/platform you go with and if you can source the aluminum tube locally.

You can't go wrong with the Predator. However, the DIY version should be much cheaper, depending on which seat/platform you go with and if you can source the aluminum tube locally.
A LW seat plus 2 brackets would run $98 shipped.Lets say you source aluminum for $10, your $50 short of the Preditor and still need a strap, bolt, and paint/tape. Not to mention all the warranties are void. With the other thread where a seat snapped, and the few others have bent, that's a factor too. I would be more exited if the Preditor was $130-150. I guess I'll hope for an after the season sale!

With that said, you opened my eyes to the repurposing things. I've been wanting to upgrade the welder to do aluminum ...

A LW seat plus 2 brackets would run $98 shipped.Lets say you source aluminum for $10, your $50 short of the Preditor and still need a strap, bolt, and paint/tape. Not to mention all the warranties are void. With the other thread where a seat snapped, and the few others have bent, that's a factor too. I would be more exited if the Preditor was $130-150. I guess I'll hope for an after the season sale!

With that said, you opened my eyes to the repurposing things. I've been wanting to upgrade the welder to do aluminum ...

I would love to have a mig that will do aluminum but i cant justify that purchase for what id use it for, a tig is even more out of the question. Now MAYBE id try an aluminum rod with a stick welder if I got one cheap.

Back