• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

XOP Orbit ROS

Shapeshifter

SH Member
Have any you guys heard about XOP's new ROS, the Orbit? I was on there website and and read that they are coming this April. I hadn't heard any about them , but they look interesting. Light and foldable. I would probably not run their stap though. Probably be better with an OCB strap from EWO.

Have any you guys heard about XOP's new ROS, the Orbit? I was on there website and and read that they are coming this April. I hadn't heard any about them , but they look interesting. Light and foldable. I would probably not run their stap though. Probably be better with an OCB strap from EWO.
From what I can tell it’s going to be about identical to Hawk’s helium fold up ROS….

I might get a set and run it with my 1 Stick. My current ROS is from TreeHopper , I like it but it's not as compact as these.

It looks like these are a little bit lighter then the Hawks with a higher weight rating.
Xop 1 Oz per step. 350 lbs weight rating
Hawk 4 Oz per step. 300 lbs weight rating .
To be fair XOP’s listed weight is rarely ever on the money. The sticks I have from them are nearly a quarter pound heavier per stick than the listed weight. But yes they rate their gear to 350. And I’d trust XOP over Hawk for quality all day every day

orbit2_1800x1800.jpg

looks to be a rivet to me, I like the overall design better than hawk's I'd be interested buying them as singles or a three pack with no strap, I'd ideally like to pick how many steps I wanted and whether or not I wanted a strap

View attachment 81806

looks to be a rivet to me, I like the overall design better than hawk's I'd be interested buying them as singles or a three pack with no strap, I'd ideally like to pick how many steps I wanted and whether or not I wanted a strap
I gonna run my EWO Ocb strap with them when get it. Should be super light weight.

I'll probably still give them try though. Like I said, I'm running will run them with my 1 stick and at that point most of my weight in my saddle. If I was just using the ROS I probably would have think twice about using them.

I saw the new Orbit steps at the Iowa Deer classic this weekend. I really like them. They seemed super solid on the
pole they had them mounted on. They didn't have any stock with them available for purchase. I also mentioned to
them that you need at least 4 steps, I prefer 5 for a ring of steps. The web site also doesn't have individual steps available
to purchase. Hopefully that changes, because I don't need six steps or two straps.

I saw the new Orbit steps at the Iowa Deer classic this weekend. I really like them. They seemed super solid on the
pole they had them mounted on. They didn't have any stock with them available for purchase. I also mentioned to
them that you need at least 4 steps, I prefer 5 for a ring of steps. The web site also doesn't have individual steps available
to purchase. Hopefully that changes, because I don't need six steps or two straps.
Did they say when they might be available?

The foot room looks narrow and/or something to break or make noise I feel like.

They look pretty well made, the step that folds down wasn't sloppy lose. The actual step is around 3/8" thick.
I use a JX3 so I'm not really worried about standing on them for long periods of time. I just want the compactness
of a folding step in a lightweight package. They also very stable when putting side pressure on them.

Last edited:
Back