• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Yesterday's doe tenderloin today

MCDM

Vendor Rep
image.jpeg So to thank my wife with helping me quarter and bag the doe up for the fridge I surprised her with lunch today. Tenderloin rubbed in a Hawaiian coffee rub. Seared it on both sides in some bacon/butter with onions. Then made some roasted potatoe cubes. Wala delicious!

Just and fyi its not burnt lol. The rub adds this nice dark color on the outside with a little spice. My mother inlaw got it for me while she was in Hawaii. Its taste like spicy coffee which actually is not bad. But i would not drink it lol

Does look good. So you seared it, then off to the grill, or turned the heat down and finished cooking it?

Seared high heat in one pan with bacon/butter grease. Then moved to low medium heat pan where i baste it with a little of the first pan. It came out nice medium/rare. I am fortunate to have a wife who enjoys it plus store bought meat bothers her so deer it is.

I have to say, I am very grateful that my wife is so open to venison. We probably eat deer at least 2 times a week year round.

We even gave the little girl her first piece to gnaw on a few weeks ago!

Same here. We eat wild game several times a week. Between peasant, elk, deer, salmon, and walleye, it's a regular wild game feast at our house. The only complaint she has had was last year. Apparently last year's buck is a bit ruttier than she likes. I am very blessed, not only in the fact that she likes wild game and likes to cook it, but she also let's me travel the country to fill freezer.

I have been warned that if I let the freezer run out of elk that she will go buy one from an elk farm......

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I mean, how can you say no to a elk hunt then Ernie?? lucky man!

My wife has a sensitive pallet, and venison is just not her thing. I have found some decent recipes that she will tolerate, but typically she will only go so far as stew or chili.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looked delicious. My daughter's go to dance class and set in a circle while they do roll call and will ask a question just to get the younger kids talking. One night the question was what your favorite food was. Kids had answers like ice cream, candy, McDonald's, cookies, etc. my daughter at age 6 answered deer meat with gravy. She's 10 now and still has the same answer. My younger daughter sees deer in the field next to our house and says look at those deer they look delicious.

Back