• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

YIPPEE! My SitDrag is here!

The SitDrag is honestly my favorite hunting item ever lol. Today I was rifle hunting on the ground, still hunting my way through the timber in the rain. I had my SD around my waist and any time I wanted to stop a while I put my tether on a tree and sat. I also found a nice stump to sit on but it was wet, so I slid the SD under my butt and sat down on it since it has a pad sewn on. I have literally used mine for every hunt this year and I have hunted 27 days so far this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The SitDrag is honestly my favorite hunting item ever lol. Today I was rifle hunting on the ground, still hunting my way through the timber in the rain. I had my SD around my waist and any time I wanted to stop a while I put my tether on a tree and sat. I also found a nice stump to sit on but it was wet, so I slid the SD under my butt and sat down on it since it has a pad sewn on. I have literally used mine for every hunt this year and I have hunted 27 days so far this season.

Okay I am convinced, I just ordered a sit drag now just need a rock harness. With shipping it is $76 cdn... $25 US for shipping. So what is the best rock harness to get.

Last edited:
P2Hi4f

Well I'm finally up in a tree in my site drag and the skies just opened up..

Had a big 8 cruise by about 60-80 yards out around 2:30.....got him to stop, but then kept cruising.

Everyone knows of my affinity for the SD. I've put it through it's paces this season and I'm a big fan. LOVE IT!

Everyone knows of my affinity for the SD. I've put it through it's paces this season and I'm a big fan. LOVE IT!

Same here man. I plan to make up another one soon. For less than $40 you just can't beat it!

took my old messenger bag and made it into my 'saddle satchel'. holding my sitdrag, 25' 11mm tether, linemans belt, biners, and 4 screw in steps and a couple of gear hooks.

the gnarly y trunked tree I chose.

tethered in on the sitdrag (with a back up tether on my RC harness)

leverage steps and 4 screw ins about 20 feet up.

Very cool...

I knew I should have paid more for quicker shipping...soo stoked to set mine up..!!!

Looks like the "bend" on your step isn't touching the tree? Its important to ensure its touching or you could break one.

Thanks. I hadn't used screwing steps in probably a decade if not more. I'm hoping to have another solution for the next time. sanding on those steps killed my feet.

Had a few minutes yesterday to do some customization on the sitdrag...stitched up the loops and tacked in a belt of 1 inch tubular webbing and a load bearing australpine buckle.

Thanks. I hadn't used screwing steps in probably a decade if not more. I'm hoping to have another solution for the next time. sanding on those steps killed my feet.

Had a few minutes yesterday to do some customization on the sitdrag...stitched up the loops and tacked in a belt of 1 inch tubular webbing and a load bearing australpine buckle.

Can I ask if you have a link to where the buckle was purchased....?

Back