• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Your suggestions for a "Solid platform" w/saddle

emerald ghost

SH Member
I've taken the "plunge" and will be hunting with a saddle this year, specifically a Guidos.
I'm 65 y.o.a. and want to be extra careful so I'm going to use sticks and a standing platform.
What are your recommendations?
( thanks in advance for your input)

Predator, or if something a little more sizable is of interest you can take the seat off any number of conventional hangon style treestands.

Predator for sure. The diy XOP seat platforms work great too but are a little harder to setup and a little over a pound heavier if that matters to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

currently Klemz or platform after my design using the cam over LW/XOP seats....

but I'm thinking that will change as soon as my Tethr'd platform arrives.

Predator platform is best. Klemz is good do. The other seat platforms are good but relatively fragile if your aren't careful.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Might as well thrown the assassin in there. It's big, heavy, and bombproof. I rarely use it but will never sell it. It has its place.

Might as well thrown the assassin in there. It's big, heavy, and bombproof. I rarely use it but will never sell it. It has its place.

at that point I'd just as soon take my org LW stand.

at that point I'd just as soon take my org LW stand.
I did exactly that for many years starting in the mid 90s with a pseudo saddle set up. It also returned as my go to set up after giving up on the ring of steps about 10 years ago. I started with a simple hybrid waist harness similar a tree hopper lineman's belt with a little extra but I could shoot 360 around the tree and still move my feet 20 years ago. It was my dad's idea and it worked good. Used the TL saddle for a while when it first came out but hated the ring of steps and it cost me big bucks that I will never forget. Eventually moved to a rock harness and did the same thing as I did originally. Rock harness was just a better harness and it felt comfortable as I was a regular rock climber at they time in my life. Using a saddle with a good conventional stand is a good option.

Last edited:
Back