• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules
shmelton
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• shmelton
      shmelton replied to the thread Team 5 Thread.
      I know one of y’all are dragging one out right now. Post em up! I need to live vicariously through somebody. Sent from my iPhone...
    • shmelton
      shmelton reacted to NMSbowhunter's post in the thread Team 5 Thread with Like Like.
      What is the river area like? Did you see him from a road? If so, is there a bridge? A lot of time deer will cross under a bridge and...
    • shmelton
      Has anyone ever un zipped a ground blind in the morning to hear a rattle? It will darn sure heighten your senses, and make you go...
    • shmelton
      If the deer droppings were still fresh and damp looking, I’d get in there. As far as bucks go, if you have a Nov rut, they are out of...
    • shmelton
      I got a call this morning from a good friend of mine telling me he killed the nice 8 I’d been chasing at my farm. Since I was going out...
    • shmelton
      shmelton reacted to NMSbowhunter's post in the thread Team 5 Thread with Like Like.
      Yes, it definitely has that vibe to it. Lots of security cover and about 900 yards from any road. The red oaks aren't doing anything yet...
    • shmelton
      shmelton replied to the thread Deep South early season.
      In GA/AL there is about a week that it may work. I’ve snort wheezed in a couple of nice deer during pre rut, but it’s not dependable...
    • shmelton
      shmelton reacted to NMSbowhunter's post in the thread Deep South early season with Like Like.
      I've never had any luck with calling or rattling here. It seems to be deer repellent. Other folks I know report the same around here...
    • shmelton
      shmelton reacted to Dmathews87's post in the thread Deep South early season with Like Like.
      I love seeing good sportsmanship in the field,it's something you don't see much of anymore. I always make a point to chat,make sure we...
    • shmelton
      This is the deer I missed last yr in KS. He was an 8 last yr, and definitely grew a little thicker. The best part of it is he is in the...
    • shmelton
      I’d definitely keep that spot in mind for the rut if any red oaks or beech trees drop in there. Sounds like a cruising heaven. Sent...
    • shmelton
      Your rut is t until January is it? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • shmelton
      I went back out yesterday. When I got to the parking spot and started getting everything together, I discovered my scent Lok pants...
    • shmelton
      Good luck BT! I’m sure you will come across her. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • shmelton
      shmelton reacted to thedutchtouch's post in the thread Team 5 Thread with Like Like.
      Oh man, it's been a little bit so hoping the dog found her and you're currently quartering, fingers crossed.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back