• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Corona Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
People dying isn't funny--regardless of the cause. What about those of us who have family members who work in the Healthcare industry and are already over worked and tired? Or have kids with compromised immune systems for one reason or another? Live paycheck-to-paycheck and our company decides to close down for a week? These are real life issues guys. Be respectful of those it does impact, even if it doesn't directly effect you.

All very good points that most don’t consider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

any recommendations?
Just about anything at this point (this is a good opportuinty to get some blue chippers at a good value). As of now the market is down 25% of it's 52 week high. Don't think of it as a buy now to sell in a few months to make some quick cash. Think of purchasing power of your long game with the market prices.

People dying isn't funny--regardless of the cause. What about those of us who have family members who work in the Healthcare industry and are already over worked and tired? Or have kids with compromised immune systems for one reason or another? Live paycheck-to-paycheck and our company decides to close down for a week? These are real life issues guys. Be respectful of those it does impact, even if it doesn't directly effect you.

This is also something i've learned; no matter what the suggestion is, it always effects those on the opposite side. I believe the best option for all God's children is to pray.

This is also something i've learned; no matter what the suggestion is, it always effects those on the opposite side. I believe the best option for all God's children is to pray.

Amen!

They say the difference between this and the flu is the infection rate. It may have the same mortality rate, but they are talking about more people being infected. There for increase the number of deaths. Flu normally dosent infect as many people at once like this is doing. They say there is 328 million +/- people in the US. If 200 million people get it, 1% die, that is 2 million people. That's a little more than flu a year. I am not panicking. But I am asking that question everyone should be. What can I do to help stop the spread? I was gonna go to the outdoor show this weekend. But thinking I might just sit home. I think we all need to start thinking about what are things we need to do. And what are things we want to do. We in America/ Canada have not had to ask that question in a long time. Since I would say WW2? Limited resources and such. This is different, but still requires some self sacrifice by everyone for the best interest of everyone.

I wouldn’t go to the show
There’s a big show in Indy this weekend that is big in the landscape and outdoor living industry
I’m not going
None of my guys will attend either
Not worth contributing to the spread

My biggest question is what can we do within reason to help it? If you wanted to contain it to the best of our abilities we should shut down work and school. But then, how would those survive who barely make enough to get by when they're getting a steady check? Some of my friends have joked about them postponing the remainder of the NBA season, I respect the NBA on their decision.

Again, a crazy reality is that you could not know who is contaminated for a few weeks after contracting the virus. I am in no way panicking or a doomsday guy, but the possibilities are pretty crazy if you chase the rabbit of what COULD happen.

If we had a complete shut down, it's likely we could contain the virus and be back to a normal like is a month of two. How would some people live for a month of two? I am confident that I could survive should that not effect electricity and water due to a couple freezers we keep stocked with wild game.

If we don't shut down everything we have no idea of what could happen. Sure, nothing could, but something catastrophic could also happen.

just craziness.

My biggest question is what can we do within reason to help it? If you wanted to contain it to the best of our abilities we should shut down work and school. But then, how would those survive who barely make enough to get by when they're getting a steady check? Some of my friends have joked about them postponing the remainder of the NBA season, I respect the NBA on their decision.

Again, a crazy reality is that you could not know who is contaminated for a few weeks after contracting the virus. I am in no way panicking or a doomsday guy, but the possibilities are pretty crazy if you chase the rabbit of what COULD happen.

If we had a complete shut down, it's likely we could contain the virus and be back to a normal like is a month of two. How would some people live for a month of two? I am confident that I could survive should that not effect electricity and water due to a couple freezers we keep stocked with wild game.

If we don't shut down everything we have no idea of what could happen. Sure, nothing could, but something catastrophic could also happen.

just craziness.

Trump did say last night he was going to provide relief for small businesses and payroll taxes etc.

It is crazy to think about the people you’re around every day potentially having it and not knowing what they’re sharing.

I think if everyone is mindful of their hygiene and sanitize hands and surfaces contacted, shield coughs and sneezes, etc and wash clothes daily it would help a lot
Avoid public gatherings etc
Schools can easily shut down, but that would impact some parents that work in terms of child care. It’s tough but I guess we will see how “the greatest country in America” cooperates and handles it. And I’m not referring to the government alone
It’s on us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back