• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Loc On windwalker?

replace the original strap with a hook and cam strap like from an old ameristep strap on step, they work the best. I think versabuttons are sily on stands like this. I always use the strap to pack them up anyway so no need to remove it. I think gandr mountain has new straps like the amersteps ones as well.

Looks alot like a

I have one of these stands too, haven't used it for awhile but for some reason I think it says something like alumilite or similar on mine.
The api alumalite are similar, butni bive a rectangular platform if i remember correctly.

I’ve got a very similar Warren and Sweat hang on but mine is square. Still right at 7 lbs tho. Did an all day sit in it this fall and was very happy with it. The first thing I did was replace the strap that was on it for an ameristep strap tho.

I’ve got a very similar Warren and Sweat hang on but mine is square. Still right at 7 lbs tho. Did an all day sit in it this fall and was very happy with it. The first thing I did was replace the strap that was on it for an ameristep strap tho.
Where did you run the strap through? The only issue I can see with using a strap like that is there isn't much keeping it from moving around vertically. Just thread it between the seat crossbar and the cables?

Versa buttons would keep the strap at the same position on the tubing. Maybe I'm missing something though.

Where did you run the strap through? The only issue I can see with using a strap like that is there isn't much keeping it from moving around vertically. Just thread it between the seat crossbar and the cables?

Versa buttons would keep the strap at the same position on the tubing. Maybe I'm missing something though.
Post a pic of under the seat on the front side. Is there a plate or spreader bar for the 2 uprights? On the ww I run the strap between the plate and uprights

Other than the small crossbar for the seat, there's not much there. Not sure I feel comfortable having that little thing holding all the weight.Screenshot_20201125-195617_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20201126-073726_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201125-195617_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201125-195617_Gallery.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 9
Other than the small crossbar for the seat, there's not much there. Not sure I feel comfortable having that little thing holding all the weight.View attachment 40179
View attachment 40181
I'd just clove hitch an Ameristep strap on there with the hook side on the right. Clove hitchbon each upright with the buckle end leaving you the long section of the strap to go around the tree.

Different stand, and I left the hitches kind of loose so you could see the path...but you'll get the idea...

20201126_092432.jpg

I attached the strap in the same place and in the same manner as the existing strap. It’s practically the same style strap, just brand new.

Back