• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Climbing sticks

Honestly I bought a couple different sets to find what I like the best. Settled on the lwcg minis. Packability was the biggest factor for me.

Affordability and weight. 20” Hawk Helium. Liked them enough to definitely stick with them next season. May try to convert 1 to cam cleat for my offseason attempt at 1 sticking, unless a climber platform releases by May.

I looked for American made product and then I compared prices. I went with the Novix minis. I use them all season and I’m very pleased.

I did a side stacking mod and added some cable aiders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How high up can u get with four minis?

1st it had to have double steps then I looked at weight/length/price to get the best average of the three. Im ok carrying an extra pound or two across 4 sticks to save a respectable amount of cash. Ended up with Beast sticks and Im happy. But he has since raised the price. So now considering those same factors Id get EWO sticks. Close to the same price,but lighter

Last edited:
I've tried or researched thoroughly almost every stick out there. The only guy who could top me is Enkriss lol. Some I've hated, and some just had a thing or two that annoyed me. I've settled on the Beast sticks and while packability is meh, I enjoy them immensely. Thinking about picking up a set of the minis this year. They're very easy to quiet down with SS's. Have a tremendous bite on trees. Double step. Angled steps which are nice on those wonky trees. Not great but adequate boot room. No moving parts. American made.

I also have tried a number of sticks. It’s been a process for me to narrow down what I like too. I’ve landed on the Novix Minis too. Used them this season and really liked them. I think I’m gonna stick with them (pun intended) for a while. I do keep kicking around the Beast sticks idea too and just never pull the trigger the small window they’re actually in stock.

This off season I am gonna make some mods to my Novix sticks. I really miss having double steps so I’m gonna swap out the single steps for EWO double steps. I owned a single EWO ultra light stick for a short time and as sweet of a stick as it was. The steps did slightly shift on me under weight. For the price of that stick I felt that was unacceptable. So I have a plan on how to prevent that with the double step on the Novix sticks. I’ll post about it assuming it actually works out. I’m excited and hope it does work. I’m also gonna add some AmSteel ropes and beast stick buttons to them. Thinking they’ll be pretty sweet when they’re all done.

I use 4 Trophyline Novix mini with a double step on top from EWO . I have a Lonewolf mine stick from years ago if I want to use 5 steps. I have Muddy Pro sticks which I also use and 3 full length Hawk Helium stick that are not used . I have 5 full length lonewolf sticks that were my go to until I got the Novix mini sticks

Lwcg double steps because of the pack ability and ease of use with the double steps, they also look really cool

I owned a single EWO ultra light stick for a short time and as sweet of a stick as it was. The steps did slightly shift on me under weight.

if thats the case I take back what I said and stick with my Beast Sticks. I love the fact they are rock solid. No movement anyplace .

if thats the case I take back what I said and stick with my Beast Sticks. I love the fact they are rock solid. No movement anyplace .

Yeah I was really surprised given the cost of them. I still think they’re good sticks and love the stand offs. But I expected them to be rock solid for the price.

If the mods I’m going to do with my Novix sticks don’t pan out the way I want, I think I will be going to the Beast sticks more than likely.

Thanks for replies so far:
1) I’m in BC Canada. Not much in Canada to avoid paying duty. Not a huge biggie.

2) Beast not in stock. How hard is it to get my hands on some?

3) Novix minis seem good for my ideas. How high can u get on 4 minis ?

4) Anyone run xop? That seems most reasonable for price/shipping for me.

I’ve been using the same original lonewolf sticks for about 15 years. I’ve tried the hawk helium’s because of the double steps and mod’ed them. They were fine for a cheap option. But went back to my LW. Did some mods for packability. (Side stacking and shortened) I’m happy with it and don’t see much of a benefit to change to something new with today’s prices and they are not that much different in innovation. A few ounces or even a pound won’t even be noticeable. But if I was looking for my 1st set of sticks, I’d look into newer options.

Stay away from the XOPs. I use them on my pre sets and hope someone steals them!

Back