• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hybrid bow sight recommendations?

TNbowhunter

I've used a fixed 3- or 5-pin sight on my compound bow for years, but I'm now in the market for a new sight. Ideally, I'd like a hybrid sight with one or two fixed pins (probably will set to 20 and 30 yards) and the bottom pin as a slider so I can practice at longer ranges. I want something that's durable and has bright pins. Anyone had good (or bad) experiences to share? Thanks in advance!

I've been pleased with my IQ Pro Hunter, although I've only had it about 6 months

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Probably not at all what you’re looking for, but I can’t say enough good things about my Garmin Xero A1i. Deadly accurate, up to 10 arrow weight profiles, you can pick green or red pins and you can also skip the ranging aspect of the site and set it to show fixed pins for 3D use, etc.

Anything that fits within your category from Spot- Hogg, Montana Black Gold, Viper Archery or B3 are excellently constructed and very durable. Personally, I do not like horizontal pins I prefer a one or two "up pin" type or slider style but if the horizontal pins don't bother you that opens up a lot of great options.

Although I have not personally owned these, I hear that offerings from Axcel, Option Archery and Sword Sights are very robust too. For the Option Archery sights though you are talking some big $$$.

I have an option. I’ve had it for two years now and it’s rock solid. Got it on a good deal but yes their expensive! Micro adjust on a sight to me for ease of sighting in is a must. I like the option for a couple different reasons. If you can’t commit to single or multiple pins. You can do both with the sight.
Another cool thing I have randomly found that I realllllly like. Two arrow setups. I have my moveable pin setup for my hunting setup. Then I use the 3 fixed pins for play setups or changing setups mid season without messing up my hunting setups. For me I use a semi heavy setup and a pretty heavy setup. Could use a lighter target setup and a semi heavy setup for hunting as well. Overall I like it. I’ve also had spott Hogg and Montana black gold and you can’t go wrong with either of those as well.

Back