• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

For the no stickers, how do you ensure you don’t drop the platform?

I used to have lanyard/leash attached to some items I worried about dropping but the rope/string adds a level of complication during climbing and I'd get frustrated with it.... Now I just pay attention and just hold on....if I drop something and the grapple hook I keep on my person can't retrieve what I dropped I rappel down to retrieve.... @HuumanCreed ...the lesser of 2 weevils

I used to have lanyard/leash attached to some items I worried about dropping but the rope/string adds a level of complication during climbing and I'd get frustrated with it.... Now I just pay attention and just hold on....if I drop something and the grapple hook I keep on my person can't retrieve what I dropped I rappel down to retrieve.... @HuumanCreed ...the lesser of 2 weevils

My wife give me a crazy look whenever I play that ship canty....which is almost once a week. But I make fun of my Navy buddies all the time if they were 'sponger' or 'loader' during see duty. Double entendre

"Sponger I and loader you, through the whole commission.
Long we've tossed on the rolling main, now we're safe ashore, Jack.
Don't forget yer old shipmate, faldee raldee raldee raldee rye-eye-doe!"

I just move slow and methodical. Pay attention to every move and be quiet as possible.

I put some of the rubberized wire ties on my platform. I can clip it to my saddle when climbing, usually just use my platform molle clip from genesis

I put the rappel rope through a strap on my one stick, my bow is tied on the ground to the end of the rappel rope so if i drop the stick I can just pull it back up. I can't see why you couldn't do the same with the platform.

Back