• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Long Distance Archery or TAC Practice

This was from me trying to dial in at 80 before going to TAC. The upper was the first shot, making sure i was close, and the rest were after some small adjustments.
20b34599d392d2cf6d4ed9f55f852549.jpg

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Past 80 gets a bit hard with my set up. I’m using a SH Triple Stack with 19 pins. They are really big and cover most of the target face.

You could make a 48” target fairly cheap. My target is a morrell m48. It’s just a frame stuffed and covered. Replacement covers are about $80. I’m replacing that cover after about 10 years of consistent use and staying outside year around.

Last edited:
You could make a 48” target fairly cheap. My target is a morrell m48. It’s just a frame stuffed and covered. Replacement covers are about $80. I’m replacing that cover after about 100years of consistent use and staying outside year around.
100years? that is awesome...lol. Kidding aside,does it hold up better than bag targets? I trashed one in a few months with these heavy-ish arrows. I only shoot 60# but do have a 30" DL.

HA! I fixed it. I have shot all types of arrows. Everything from 385 grains to 530. That bag is tough. Some 1/2” or maybe 3/4” pipe and elbows is about what it is. I’ll be replacing the cover in about two weeks and can post the frame. After that, I can really tune my bow.

71e74571221824a2f15d06aef4f44fce.jpg

80 yard group for me. Sight tapes off a little it seems but it’s close enough for hunting distances. Aimed higher on those top 2. Not sure I’ll mess with it too much since I’ve got a good 25 and 40 pin set up right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

71e74571221824a2f15d06aef4f44fce.jpg

80 yard group for me. Sight tapes off a little it seems but it’s close enough for hunting distances. Aimed higher on those top 2. Not sure I’ll mess with it too much since I’ve got a good 25 and 40 pin set up right now.

Those first three arrows are an amazing group at 80.
I wouldn't mess with the tape either if you don't need it past 40.

Those first three arrows are an amazing group at 80.
I wouldn't mess with the tape either if you don't need it past 40.

Yeah they aren’t usually that close but those came off good

HA! I fixed it. I have shot all types of arrows. Everything from 385 grains to 530. That bag is tough. Some 1/2” or maybe 3/4” pipe and elbows is about what it is. I’ll be replacing the cover in about two weeks and can post the frame. After that, I can really tune my bow.
Please
Post how you do it. I’m thinking about doing that with my morrell outdoor range. Not sure if I have to take the old cover completely off or not. Mine is a bag target I keep covered with a wood pellet ton pallet cover and two ratchet straps.

I’m out of town this week so I can’t post any groups. Can’t wait to get back to it!!

How did I not see this thread???

My bow arm shoulder is just now getting back to normal. I couldn't shoot at all for a month, then I forced myself to shoot a few arrows a couple times a week for a month, just within a week I can shoot not in pain but my bow arm is pretty wimpy...
I normally shoot 100 arrows a day if it's not raining or windy.
I take pictures often for my own reference because I'm always switching arrows or vane configuration, or point weight.
I can remember which pictures go with what setup when it's fresh in my mind. I'll dig through my phone and see what stands out to me...

I shot those arrows ^^^ tonight out of my V3X. Didn't take any pictures.
I made it back to 80 yards before I got interrupted by a phone call then I lost my focus but I was shooting really good tonight. I kept up my normal routine of throwing one in every dang group though... :mad:

I’m now fighting my anchor so that’s awesome. I have opened up about 8” at 100. I’ll fight that for the next few days. Then I’ll remember just to shoot. I really need a canyon pounder….

Back