• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What does your arrow cost?

Camelcluch

SH Member
Being an archery nerd most my off time energy is spent with archery. I absolutely love the f magical flight of the arrow. Perfect flight is something amazing. With that I was curious how much money I spend on chasing this magic.
My first set up is $38.73 per arrow. That’s with a typical broadhead. Second set up is premium head and comes in at $55.07.
All I can say is :weary:

Well…a lot. I shoot victory VAP TKO’s. Iron Will outfitters inserts, impact collars, etc. honestly, I’m probably looking at 60 ish + per arrow. But you know what? This is the one hobby / lifestyle I’m most passionate about, so ultimately: so what? It’s not like I’m spending it on hookers and coke, right?

I never really added it up. I guess since you get them back 99% of the time to use again the cost gets spread over a long period of time. I’m somewhere in the 35$ range if I itemized a shaft. I’d imagine that’s the average cost most archers have in each one.

About 25$. I use a black eagle outlaw arrow with a exodus broadhead and a 75 grain weight screwed into the back of the insert.

Too much!! :tonguewink: :tonguewink: :tonguewink: In all honesty probably about $40-$45 an arrow, that includes bare arrow, broadhead, insert, fletching, & nocturnals! Me doing the work! Not a shop!

Last edited:
Man you guys are eating caviar and I’m over here with canned dollar store tuna.
I’m at about $13-15 an arrow. I generally shoot Black Eagles with magnus broadheads.
I was thinking I needed to reevaluate my arrows so I’m glad to see other guys not going crazy

I was thinking I needed to reevaluate my arrows so I’m glad to see other guys not going crazy
I generally try and buy arrows on sale or from a builder like black orvis or there’s a guy on AT that builds arrows, so I usually get a dozen for around a bill. Then three magnus BHs for around $25-30.

Around $36-$38 per arrow, CX maxima hunters, bloodsport gravediggers chisel tip, bulldog collars and blazer vanes. My take is it doesn’t matter though, it could be $80/arrow and it would be worth it, go buy 60-100# of venison and let me know that cost lol bet it’s way more than the single arrow. I could buy a dozen and break 6 and kill 6 with the other and still come out ahead.

Too much. I’ll add it up at some point but around $60. Wishing I had of gone a different route price wise but man they’re shooting good. Sirius Geminis with vpa single bevel, 75g half out and lighted nocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back