• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2 Tether Climbing Method the best?

Madsteezin

Hi Guys, I just started using the 2 tether climbing method. It's a little more effort climbing up but no sticks are required for the trek in and out.. super mobile setup. Also, feels safer - if you happen to slip/fall you'll be hitting the tree rather than the metal sticks. Does anyone have experience with this climbing method? Looking for some DO's and DON'Ts and general discussion if this is the best climbing method.

Im the wrong person to ask advice on the method but in a recent double blind survey, 9 out of 10 masochists loved 2tc.

In all seriousness I haven’t given it a fair chance, but I very much like one sticking over any mobile climbing method I’ve tried. If I could turn my RZR into a climber I’d give up the stick. Project for the off season.

Last edited:
What does this mean? Did someone die in the thread? Saddle hunting in general is dangerous, not just the 2 Tether method.

What does this mean? Did someone die in the thread? Saddle hunting in general is dangerous, not just the 2 Tether method.
The thread is 100+ pages of us 2TC guys talking about climbing 2TC. More information than one could ever want on 2TC.

That first post was edited to add a disclaimer to cover @Red Beard s butt in case anyone tried to sue him. Shouldn’t happen though since 2TC is so safe. Lol

We also have the sticky 2TC Playlist here

There are a bunch of us that are tried and true 2TCers. @phatkaw @NMSbowhunter @Samcirrus to name a few lol

Thats the intro to my hijack..........Nothing simpler......just need to relax and move tethers....1 stickers who try it only think its hard cuz they are trying to hard, reaching too far and counting what they call moves.you dont count your steps when you walk in do you? No its effortless.....i mean when you learn to do it....takes longer to learn how to walk right....and look cool doing it.

Last edited:
Im the wrong person to ask advice on the method but in a recent double blind survey, 9 out of 10 masochists loved 2tc.

In all seriousness I haven’t given it a fair chance, but I very much like one sticking over any mobile climbing method I’ve tried. If I could turn my RZR into a climber I’d give up the stick. Project for the off season.
180 degrease off....2tc guys are the satist.....
They dont like to be hurt....we narrsasisticly watch everybody else get hurt.then i give them lashing and humilliate them publicly kicking them when they are down after they are allready wooped from flogging their selves with sticks.

Last edited:
2TC can be a very simple, safe and effective method once you learn it. I think the best way to do it is to keep it simple. It seems a little slower than methods like 1 sticking, but it really isn't, especially if you factor in rope management before and after a hunt. It is also very lite and compact. There is no acrobatic leaning back in the saddle and reaching down for a stick with 2TC. All your work is right in front of you at arms length.

A fall with 2TC would basically be sitting down harder than you planned to or maybe a swing out to the side, worse case. Keep your fingers out from under the top tether.

Here is my standard load out to hunt, minus my bow. It weighs about 10 pounds and it all fits in a backpack.

Attachments

• 2TC hunt kit.jpg
    2TC hunt kit.jpg
    516.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 2TC main setup.jpg
    2TC main setup.jpg
    689.7 KB · Views: 99
The best.....for you. I've learned one thing over the years here and other saddle hunting pages. What I love and what works best for me others hate. What others love I hate. You just have to search and keep trying new things until you find the perfect one for you.

Back