• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Team 1 Thread

Sorry guys, never filled my second deer for the contest. With everything going on. I kind of lost interest in deer hunting for the season.

Made a few sets last night for coyotes after my daugters hog show. My first experience night calling coyotes. What a blast! Called 4 dogs in 3 stands (only one giving me a shot) it's amazing how vocal they can be at night.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240107_211908_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240107_211908_Gallery.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 5
I added 5 for us last week and some freezer meet for the family. Went down to the wire, but no season left now to contribute further. Now hoping for some ice for fishing.

My season ends in a week, but I really have no time to get out.

Season started with a great doe in Sept but fizzled quick for me

that’s a bummer. Any of y’all ever keep your road kills? I’ve done it 2-3 times now, but it’s not my favorite
Yep, I squished a doe last year, so I just tagged her and took her home. She was still alive and I had to finish her off with my xbow. It takes a lot longer for them to die when they are just laying there instead of running away. Man that was hard to watch, but it had to be done.

Yep, I squished a doe last year, so I just tagged her and took her home. She was still alive and I had to finish her off with my xbow. It takes a lot longer for them to die when they are just laying there instead of running away. Man that was hard to watch, but it had to be done.
Yeah it sucks having to sit there a watch one die like that.

Well.... TN season officially ended yesterday. My bow season was pretty great, but muzzleloader and gun seasons were some of the slowest hunting I've had in 5 years. More hunters in the public woods than ive ever seen before. I see a lot of y'all's seasons are done too. Anyone else still got season left?

Well.... TN season officially ended yesterday. My bow season was pretty great, but muzzleloader and gun seasons were some of the slowest hunting I've had in 5 years. More hunters in the public woods than ive ever seen before. I see a lot of y'all's seasons are done too. Anyone else still got season left?
Urban archery in VA runs through February for does only.

Back