• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Team 1 Thread

Hey all!

My season starts on Thursday 9/21 with doe and bear only. Then 9/30 my local archery buck and doe will open through 11/17. Then I'm off to VA for 3 days of buck and doe rifle. And then returning to PA for two weeks of rifle after thanksgiving and if I still have any tags left, late archery after Christmas.

Good luck to all!

Happy to be back in the contest yall. Guess Ill have to change my avatar from last year so as not to offend anyone lol. I hunt all public in middle Tennessee. Bow season starts a week from today and ill be out there. Im always good for about 16 points or so every season. Hoping to do a little better in the buck department though. Go team 1.

Been waiting all year for this.
Stick bow only this year… spent the last three days chasing bear on public. Had several encounters, but never got one (other than cubs) inside of 20. Put in a lot of miles and made some notes for the opener of deer next weekend.

Good luck to everyone and have fun.

[mention]2Sloe [/mention] what part of AR will you be hunting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Not sure how much help I'll really be this year. Longbow only (at least till after rut, might start a doe patrol afterwards with the rifle) and daughter is doing cheer this year so I'm limited to two sits a weekend. I did draw in for the traditional only hunt at the McAllister army ammunition plant here in Oklahoma, so that will be a fun trip. There are definitely some giants out there.

Hunt starts Oct 1 here in MI. Primarily hunt private in the Thumb. Heading to Ohio for 7 days 1st week of Nov. Doe season currently this weekend (in MI) but got a bad wing. Cant pull bow back. Constant nerve pain under armpit for 2 weeks now. Ultrasound tomorrow, hope to be ready to contribute by seasons start. Looking forward to my 1st yr in this bragging contest. Good luck team. Not seeing any frost in forecast so buying a thermo cell. Mosquitoes are a SOB right now here. Good acorn crops here too. Good luck Team #1. Need a team name other than #1, though thats where I expect us to be at the end. :cool:

Well anyone got any trail camera pics they wanna share? I sure as heck dont have a shooter on camera yet, but I would love to see yours!

Been waiting all year for this.
Stick bow only this year… spent the last three days chasing bear on public. Had several encounters, but never got one (other than cubs) inside of 20. Put in a lot of miles and made some notes for the opener of deer next weekend.

Good luck to everyone and have fun.

[mention]2Sloe [/mention] what part of AR will you be hunting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hunt the NWR’s in the south. I’m from North Louisiana, so I spend about a month there every summer and winter taking care of ”The list”….my mom’s list lol.

So I did just finally have a chance to look through some of my cell cam photos. I did find one interesting buck who appears to have a double crab claw on his left side. That’s pretty cool. Also already got some pics of little bucks sparring. Pardon the pics. I have to hang my cameras over 10 feet high so they don’t get stolen on this WMA.

698A70E7-E034-424B-830D-BEAB14E8DC7B.png41975786-C7C8-4D1C-9F76-229FDF80FAAC.png

Back