• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How far would you be willing to drive for a SH meet up?

How far would you drive for a Big SH meet up?

• Less than 1hr.

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • 1-2 hours.

Votes: 27 44.3%
  • 3-4 hours.

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • 4 plus.

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • I ain't hanging out with you guys.

• I love you guys. I'd drive two days if I had to.

• Total voters
I guess you guys are talking about a southern meet up. Too far for me ( PA). But in general, the distance I'd be willing to drive depends on who is coming which would dictate what level of info would be shared.
I am very interested in learning SRT and I'd drive farther if I knew some SRT guys were going.
I'd be down to do a butler area meet up with the Ape Canyon guys.

I've nevel had the "pleasure" but I hear they are miserable.
We have ticks up here.
Chiggers are no big deal. Itch like a skeeter bite, you just dont feel the bite. Itch last about like a dose of poison ivy. A real bad case of em you might get 100 on each leg mostly from the knee down. I started ignoring them and eating more garlic and they leave me alone now. They are really no big deal. We have plenty of ticks, cottonmouth and copperhead snakes. ;)

I guess you guys are talking about a southern meet up. Too far for me ( PA). But in general, the distance I'd be willing to drive depends on who is coming which would dictate what level of info would be shared.
I am very interested in learning SRT and I'd drive farther if I knew some SRT guys were going.
I know a guy ;)

What about TAC….. but from a saddle in a slightly elevated position?
What kinda laws does Tennessee have for shooting off season on public lands? Seems like a central area. Never gonna please everyone.
Wonder if there is a camp ground out there with a big open area for everyone to hang out.

What kinda laws does Tennessee have for shooting off season on public lands? Seems like a central area. Never gonna please everyone.
Wonder if there is a camp ground out there with a big open area for everyone to hang out.
Hmmm I’m gonna have to reach out to one of my favorite TN brethren @always89y and see if he could shed some light on that question.

Back