• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Team #7

I was hoping to get out this weekend but we got my son playoff tickets for his birthday and now the Ravens play on Saturday so that's probably a wrap for me. I'll see if I can swing something 1/27 but very doubtful

I didn't brave the 7 degree temps yesterday so my season is a wrap with nothing to show for it I'm afraid
Currently here it is 12 with a heat index of -2. Saturday's forecast is high of 26 and low of 13 with NNE wind at 10-15. Supposed to be sunny so they might get up and move a bit. Not sure how long I can stay in a tree in that type weather though. LOL.

Currently here it is 12 with a heat index of -2. Saturday's forecast is high of 26 and low of 13 with NNE wind at 10-15. Supposed to be sunny so they might get up and move a bit. Not sure how long I can stay in a tree in that type weather though. LOL.
Yeah, I had ruled out the compound and climbing a tree if I did go yesterday. Took my glove off for 30 seconds to start my car this morning and my fingers hurt before I was done. Field dressing a deer would be a miserable job in these conditions

Yeah, I had ruled out the compound and climbing a tree if I did go yesterday. Took my glove off for 30 seconds to start my car this morning and my fingers hurt before I was done. Field dressing a deer would be a miserable job in these conditions
Nah, the inside of that body will feel nice and toasty lol

Do you guys really call wind chill heat index ?

93a84c00ffb9de66dccf1e701a966083.jpg

Found me a recliner triple trunk to get in yesterday. Nutalls dropping acorns at my 11 o’clock. Saw 7 but no shots. Impressed as all get out with the new asio gear. Wind chill was in single digits and other than my feet and hands I was really comfortable. Hand warmers and gloves took came of hands and feet were ok for about 2.5 hours then started getting really cold. For uninsulated boots I was happy with that. Lacing a lot looser made a big difference. Feet definitely made it better than in my 800 gram lacrosse alpha burly’s. Next weekend is the last weekend for that WMA. If it isn’t a rain out, I plan to be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I was hoping to get out this weekend but we got my son playoff tickets for his birthday and now the Ravens play on Saturday so that's probably a wrap for me. I'll see if I can swing something 1/27 but very doubtful
How was the game?

How was the game?
Single digit wind chill but I brought my sons sleeping bag for him and zipped him up in that at halftime and he was able to stay warm. He's obsessed with football and he had such a good time it brought tears to my eyes. Got home and he asked if we could go to the championship game but I'd need to win the lottery here this week for that lol. We had a blast and I'm so thankful I was able to take him. Thanks for asking!

IMG_3610.JPG

IMG_3612.jpg

IMG_3621.jpg

IMG_3638.jpg

Thought there might be a miniscule chance I could get out for the last weekend of the season but my pup must have got into something he shouldn't have and I've been from vet to ER hospital to vet to different ER hospital and so on and so on all week so it's not going to happen. Going to need to find another job instead.

Thought there might be a miniscule chance I could get out for the last weekend of the season but my pup must have got into something he shouldn't have and I've been from vet to ER hospital to vet to different ER hospital and so on and so on all week so it's not going to happen. Going to need to find another job instead.
Oh no, hopefully you can get some answers soon

Back