• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2024 Gear thread

This banter about cartridges has me reminiscing of the days when there were only a dozen cartridge/caliber and a half dozen rifle manufacture options available, that was what guys litigated and defended like their sisters cherry or their pick up truck, and chances are if you were a Remington, Ruger, or Winchester guy that's the manufacture you stood by, now there's a plethora of manufactures and calibers in the safe and I don't have the will or want to defend any of them :tearsofjoy: And you fellows must not be paying attention cause the 22 creed is set to be all the rage now.

Is the new bear 3 blade in there? It's a neat concept.
If you’re talking about the Razorhead then yes.
There are some interesting offerings, some look like they’re trying too hard.
Notably: NAP moving some heads towards collar retention while Rage is moving away, triple acuti, Magnus single bevel, the marketing language of “designed to split bone” (personal philosophy is just that you don’t design your shot around splitting bone—it’s a worst case scenario—but I’m not opening that can too wide) and the Muzzy head that you can match to your helical.

If you’re talking about the Razorhead then yes.
There are some interesting offerings, some look like they’re trying too hard.
Notably: NAP moving some heads towards collar retention while Rage is moving away, triple acuti, Magnus single bevel, the marketing language of “designed to split bone” (personal philosophy is just that you don’t design your shot around splitting bone—it’s a worst case scenario—but I’m not opening that can too wide) and the Muzzy head that you can match to your helical.
Yep, was talking about the 3 blade razorhead.

I kinda like the looks of those NAP Deep Dives. I did not have a good experience however with NAP Thunderheads. Only 1 of the 5 I got would ever spin true.

BT
Seriously??? I have never seen one not spin and I have been through a big pile of those heads for a lot of years. I have heard the quality went down but I didnt know it was that bad.

Seriously??? I have never seen one not spin and I have been through a big pile of those heads for a lot of years. I have heard the quality went down but I didnt know it was that bad.

Yup. I tried changing the o rings, tried different shafts to make sure that it wasn't the insert on the shaft I was using, etc. I even tried a different arrow spinner. All but one had what I would consider pretty bad wobble. Maybe I got a bad batch?

ETA - these are the exact ones I got. Perhaps I received some counterfeit heads?

BT

Back