• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2024 fishing thread

I wanted to chum with the dude holding it because he wasn’t me, lol

He was a kid, 18…20 max, he’s got the rest of his life to catch a fish like that. Me? I’m old and running outta time. Very selfish on his part.

I live in Corry, a lot of the posted areas are reopening. I fish a lot near the mouth but also up near McKean. I really like the hole under 79 when there's a good rain event. There's lots of area to fish all over. I have lost a few in that 15lb. range. The biggest I ever landed was 12 lbs.

We spend a lot of time in that area, camping, fishing, kayaking, mountain biking.

Ahh yeah I think we've chatted before. It's coming back to me, I more specifically live in Pittsfield, lived in the area my whole life, my backyard is the Brokenstraw.

I live in Corry, a lot of the posted areas are reopening. I fish a lot near the mouth but also up near McKean. I really like the hole under 79 when there's a good rain event. There's lots of area to fish all over. I have lost a few in that 15lb. range. The biggest I ever landed was 12 lbs.

We spend a lot of time in that area, camping, fishing, kayaking, mountain biking.
I camped and hunted right next to Kinzua back in October and it was almost bone dry . Didn’t realize there were any members on saddlehunter from that area.

I camped and hunted right next to Kinzua back in October and it was almost bone dry . Didn’t realize there were any members on saddlehunter from that area.

They drop it quite a bit starting in September. I boat it all summer almost every weekend. First picture is the pool level from a few weeks ago (from my drone), second picture is shows the summer pool level on the shoreline (my buddy took this pic when we were heading out to where we were meeting friends).

Screenshot_20240111_143529_Gallery.jpg

Resized_20230704_104831(1).jpg

Last edited:
The kiddo didn't wanna wake up and go with this morning, so I took my dog with. He's never been on the ice before, so the entire process confused him, and he wasn't sure what to do about these fish I kept pulling in. Caught a whole mess of sunnies, not a bad day fishing

View attachment 99185View attachment 99186View attachment 99187
My lab, Ole Amos, was mighty confused the first time we went fishing. Usually when I toss things in the water, I ask him to go get them. It took him a bit to understand I DID NOT want him fetching my Whopper Plopper. And the look on his face when I let the first bass go was priceless.

Every once in a while, I like to send him out to "retrieve" a released fish. He will spend several minutes splashing around, diving, and jumping up in the water so he can look down into it better.

My lab, Ole Amos, was mighty confused the first time we went fishing. Usually when I toss things in the water, I ask him to go get them. It took him a bit to understand I DID NOT want him fetching my Whopper Plopper. And the look on his face when I let the first bass go was priceless.

Every once in a while, I like to send him out to "retrieve" a released fish. He will spend several minutes splashing around, diving, and jumping up in the water so he can look down into it better.
Amos stories never disappoint. “Named him after a man of the cloth” had some of your best lines. I may be biased toward dog stories though.

With hunting season winding down I decided to change up the morning routine the other day on the way to work so instead of my regular hunting podcast I put on the Alabama freshwater fishing report. I swear the host sounds real familiar. I just can’t quite put my finger on it… Oh well.

With hunting season winding down I decided to change up the morning routine the other day on the way to work so instead of my regular hunting podcast I put on the Alabama freshwater fishing report. I swear the host sounds real familiar. I just can’t quite put my finger on it… Oh well.
I can't stand that guy's nasally redneck voice. He knows next to nothing about fishing, and he can barely speak English.

I can't stand that guy's nasally redneck voice. He knows next to nothing about fishing, and he can barely speak English.
Well at least it’s not the Alabama saltwater fishing report, lol.
Seriously though, good questions were asked and things were learnt. I’ll listen again.

Back