• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2024 Off-Season Getting/Staying In Shape Motivation Thread

I like what you said. Think small with an overall bigger goal. I will add that it’s not a “diet” that gets success but a lifestyle. Make the lifestyle change and you will find success overall. Then it is a sustainable endeavor. What we eat as in diet is important but not alone and usually ends quickly. Change the thoughts on how you eat and live and that’s long term.

I like what you said. Think small with an overall bigger goal. I will add that it’s not a “diet” that gets success but a lifestyle. Make the lifestyle change and you will find success overall. Then it is a sustainable endeavor. What we eat as in diet is important but not alone and usually ends quickly. Change the thoughts on how you eat and live and that’s long term.

Exactly. Small wins and being consistent. The lifestyle part happens on its own is what I'm experiencing.
I like domestic lite beer. I knew I had to pull the e brake on that $#!+. Diet and exercise and I don't even think about it much anymore. The couple I have over a weekend is my reward.

Exactly. Small wins and being consistent. The lifestyle part happens on its own is what I'm experiencing.
I like domestic lite beer. I knew I had to pull the e brake on that $#!+. Diet and exercise and I don't even think about it much anymore. The couple I have over a weekend is my reward.
I have lots of diet weaknesses but Andy's hot fudge malt is at the top of the list. :)

Yesterday....1.5hrs at the gym. Back day and 50 flights of stairs. Then I went home and painted a ceiling.
May rest today, but I don't want to. Chiropractor at 145, gym, daughter to hair cut, more painting.

2nd meal of the day. First was at 630...two eggs, two slices of pork roll, hashbrown and water. Now I'm having overnight oats with oat milk, high protein Greek yogurt and frozen fruit from the garden. And coffee.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240131_090700_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240131_090700_Gallery.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 8
Yesterday was a half Murph followed by 10 minutes max incline on the treadmill at a decently stiff walk. Was sub 20 minutes on the half Murph but no vest.

I’m on day 4 of 75HARD it’s not bad, I wish I’d known a bit more before I committed. It’s a mental toughness boot camp basically. I already own that skill but just had the switch flipped off for awhile for various excuses. But in the end it’s just a switch, flip it & go!
The basics are below….. simple not crazy ( one of the workouts has to be outside & the 2 workouts can’t be back to back) & it’s tough to drink a gallon of water…..IMG_0072.png

Man this upper respiratory virus/covid?/whatever it is since tests are negative has been a real downer for almost a week now, but I think today will be the day that I'll be able to manage a run without hacking up a lung to the point I need to stop moving. No excuses, keeping focused on the long term progress. Keep after it people!

Man this upper respiratory virus/covid?/whatever it is since tests are negative has been a real downer for almost a week now, but I think today will be the day that I'll be able to manage a run without hacking up a lung to the point I need to stop moving. No excuses, keeping focused on the long term progress. Keep after it people!
Was right there with you a few weeks back…. I tested negative for everything but it was rough & then completely gone…..

I'm down 5# since New Years, despite not being very disciplined with eating or exercise. But I have been walking a lot more, and eating better and less.

Finding my rhythm in college continues to elude me. I really expected in January to work out diligently most every morning but I feel like I'm continuing to burn the candle at both ends studying and working. I'm hearing from a lot of people to not try so hard, don't read everything, do what you have to to get good enough grades and let it be at that. I'm starting to see that might be true.

I'm down 5# since New Years, despite not being very disciplined with eating or exercise. But I have been walking a lot more, and eating better and less.

Finding my rhythm in college continues to elude me. I really expected in January to work out diligently most every morning but I feel like I'm continuing to burn the candle at both ends studying and working. I'm hearing from a lot of people to not try so hard, don't read everything, do what you have to to get good enough grades and let it be at that. I'm starting to see that might be true.
I’ve always said no one is too busy to work out, it’s not a time problem it’s a prioritization problem. Don’t give all that time to work and school (other people) and not set some time aside for yourself. Always work on self first and everything else will fall in line, but it doesn’t work the other way around.

It's morning or bust for me. If I work out after work, it wrecks my sleep.

I'm starting to think this desk job is killing me one stagnant day at a time. Well, maybe not starting to realize, but getting old enough to feel the effects more. Rehabbing this knee injury on weekends is great, I have time to work on it, I'm up and about keeping it loose. I have one hour a day on weekdays, and that's stealing time from other things. Then I hear the opposite thing from my clients in the trades, that their phyiscal work is slowly killing them too. So I don't know I guess the takeaway is just mindset, get busy living.

I cut and split firewood all day yesterday, that should count for something
Your a better man than me, I did 45 mins of straight splitting Saturday & like @elk yinzer said it gets ya in those forgotten spots. Good on ya. I’m adding that twice a week into my outside routine just to get some good work in. Plus it’s rewarding to make a pile of firewood!

My splitting was with a hydraulic splitter not a maul but I did have some large logs that I was picking up. One in particular ended up getting moved to the side as together we couldn't even slide it to get it under the splitter and I'm not that skilled with the tractor! I did more cutting than splitting as well.

Back