• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

CGM Preset Kit

The CGM Rings look Like 3D printed, wich i do a lot. I am concerned about the cord cutting into the Ring.
A deflection roller could be helpfull.

… but will not resist the pressure of the girth hitch.
Better off with a piece wire or a fixed bolt.

Flying Home tonight from Vegas. 12 hours time to think about this.

The CGM Concept is brillant. I‘ll build something like that for me.

The CGM Rings look Like 3D printed, wich i do a lot. I am concerned about the cord cutting into the Ring.
A deflection roller could be helpfull.
Hasn't shown wear yet. We have about 50 climbs in it so far. The print mayerial is pretty fllexible

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Might be way better with the dynaglide you use.
My experience with conventional acessory cord is worse.
Wonder, of i can find it in Europe.

Already bootlegged them and tested last weekend. First try works pretty good, I started tooling around with different profiles but have been traveling all week so no testing. Made one a bit wider on the bottom, like squishing a circle into a triangle and I think that’s going to work best but tbd. Mine are not for sale, but wanted to report back I was pretty happy, you guys are going to like those things, especially if you have a sewn loop. I debated whether to post but personally I had been messing around with ideas for presets, but I assumed hooks would not work well, but worked great Stoked to give SRT another tryIMG_4186.jpeg

Preset trings (play off of preset tree) or tree huggers(they live in the trees/go around em etc) is contribution for name ideas.

Here is my favorite design of the "tree hugger". I just call them ears.

They got 35° inclination against the tree, so threre ist a left and a right one.
The lower portion got the shape of some kind of funnel to the rope and the top portion is broadened, so they allign propperly to any kind of webbing or cord, that is used for attachment.

I tested them yesterday and they took the rope pretty well.

If someone is interisted, i can send an .stl file or the open . ipt inventor file.

Last edited:
Come on, it’s the fun with crazy 3D-designs!

The ears, CGM or my design, are big enough to pass an overhand, they’r metal-free and they say the tree is mine.

Back