• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tether handles

mattpsu1

SH Member
Whatcha got? Looking for something other then just the zip ties. Any suggestions?

I found that using webbing only for handles creates a lot of friction, especially if my ropes got a little bit of sap on them. Adding a piece of 1/2" PEX helped a lot and made it nice and smooth. I used these all last season, lots of climbs, worked great. I stitched them after gluing, but I'm not sure it was necessary.

tetherhand1_small.jpgtetherhand2_small.jpg
tetherhand3_small.jpg

I switched from amsteel dogbones to 1/8 bungee. On tight enough not to move until you need it to.

I hate to admit how dumb I am. What are tether handles used for?

So you can adjust and move your tether up the tree without putting your hands/fingers between the tether and the tree, in the event there is a fall and the tether is suddenly snapped tight, wedging your fingers between the tree and tether. Or worse.

BT

I run these:

I saw on CGMs Instagram they now have these on their site.

BT

I drew up and printed some stuff but haven’t used them. I’d think just a cord with 2-3 inches heat shrink in the middle would do the trick?

I saw on CGMs Instagram they now have these on their site.

BT
We have actually had them for a while. Just didnt have them posted up. We did a diy video on these a year or so ago.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

We have actually had them for a while. Just didnt have them posted up. We did a diy video on these a year or so ago.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I may give those a shot. Looks alot less bulky than my 3d printed hooks.

BT

Back