• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bald/shaved head care

Hair type might have a lot to do with it. My hair doesn't come out straight... wants to curl as soon as it leaves the skin, sometimes before. Once I busted open a bump, and had a 3" hair curled up under the skin!

I have tried electric razors in the past, perhaps the one @Black Titan recommends may do better, but had the same results with the ones I tried.

Don't even get me started on the "Black Magic" my one boy recommended... that stuff ripped half my skin off!

My wife's step father is black, and uses this one. He likes it and doesn't have issues with bumps. I've never had one of the rotary head ones that work for me, but this one seems to do good for his hair which also wants to immediately curl when it breaks through the skin.

1000002965.jpg

BT

My wife's step father is black, and uses this one. He likes it and doesn't have issues with bumps. I've never had one of the rotary head ones that work for me, but this one seems to do good for his hair which also wants to immediately curl when it breaks through the skin.

View attachment 100205

BT
I'm digging on my beard, right now. Longest I've ever grown it! But if I ever decide to try to go for a clean shave, again, I'll give it a try. Thanks, man.

Tried conditioner as shaving medium today for the first time. It seemed a good thing. Didn't cut myself at all. Only second day shaving in many years. Hoping it's only going to take a few days for the bumps to dry up and stop altogether.
Think we're going to need photographic evidence... and a potential name change on the forum!

Been rolling clippers no guard on the head for a while. For shaving I roll with a Rockwell stainless safety razor with their blades. No ingrowns.

Attachments

• IMG_9388.jpeg
    IMG_9388.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
@Weldabeast you jest but it's true. You know my last name. Well, I had a 10" afro in high school and my homies dubbed me the Millsbury Froboy.
Can we get a name change for your Handel. Expecially if your ditching the beard. That's just to good to not be used. I recall a few other guys had their old HS nick name.

Love the Cremo stuff. The vanilla bourbon is good.

I've branched out into the "boutique" beard care stuff. These are my current 3 favorite scents.

View attachment 100213

BT
Clubman should come with a warning label. My wife won’t let me wear it unless she’s around for my protection. It’ll get a fella molested.

Can we get a name change for your Handel. Expecially if your ditching the beard. That's just to good to not be used. I recall a few other guys had their old HS nick name.
Nah. Still bearded and still red. My wife won't let me shave it.

Funny... when I shave my head I actually let my beard grow longer.

Back