• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2024 Gear thread

Kinda pricey… 400 gram is that like 400 gram of thinsulate? Doesn’t seem very warm if that’s the case.
They're almost too warm for where we live honestly. They're made for Montana winters, they laugh at NJ... We get a handful of days a season that warrant breaking these out.

Kinda pricey… 400 gram is that like 400 gram of thinsulate? Doesn’t seem very warm if that’s the case.

I'm glad these work for some but in my experience 400gr anything without an insulated rubber lower has never been warm enough for stationary hunting.

The website doesn't give the weight of the Buffalo boot. These aren't light and I would guesstimate likely ~1/2lb./ boot more, but these are probably the warmest you'll find for a late season boot.

Extreme 10" - Schnee

Bean made a similar boot with foam insulated rubber lower, now since discontinued. When I couldn’t resole them with same insulated lower I went to these. The Advantage sole works everywhere, mud, snow rocks. Removable liners easy overnight dry without a boot dryer.

They offer 10% off if you subscribe to email.

I'm glad these work for some but in my experience 400gr anything without an insulated rubber lower has never been warm enough for stationary hunting.

The website doesn't give the weight of the Buffalo boot. These aren't light and I would guesstimate likely ~1/2lb./ boot more, but these are probably the warmest you'll find for a late season boot.

Extreme 10" - Schnee

Bean made a similar boot with foam insulated rubber lower, now since discontinued. When I couldn’t resole them with same insulated lower I went to these. The Advantage sole works everywhere, mud, snow rocks. Removable liners easy overnight dry without a boot dryer.

That’s probably closer to what I am looking for. How is the sizing? Lacrosse rubber boots I typically need to size down a full-size.

I'm a true 1/2 size so LaCrosse Burly whole size up has fit me best but I'm also a wide.

Schnee's use a Brannock device for sizing and recommend if you're a half size going whole size up and that worked well for me.

Extreme 10" - Schnee

I bought these for my pop a couple of years ago. One of his favorite things I ever got him. He can tolerate cold weather again

I bought these for my pop a couple of years ago. One of his favorite things I ever got him. He can tolerate cold weather again
They've definitely trimmed their line some and look like they've partnered with several other outdoor product Mfr's. They build a quality boot with 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Sadly they've discontinued their Sportsman Collection. I bought a pair of their Bozeman 3/4 6" Upland boots ~15 yrs ago. Which I wear sparingly for spring scouting a such and are still like new . They're like your most comfortable sneaker in a super light, ankle high, waterproof boot. Crazy comfortable and in a boot or a shoe for that matter, is tough to do for me.

The head did better than I thought. I’d still buy Day 6 for that price. Or Iron Will.

Agreed. At that price, might as well get the premium heads. What I don't like is this is only available in 100 grain. The other head they released is available in multiple weights, with the use of a weighted collar. I feel like they should have offered this one with the same options, or at least offer those collars separately.

BT

Back