• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Canyon Pounder, WHY?!?!

Terribly. It will bug me until I get one or something takes the place of my attention.

So it’s out of the bag. I finally got a CP! I had to return the UV Slider my wife bought me and turned right around and bought the Pounder. Here are some thoughts.
The sight build is unbelievable and might actually be more robust than a Spot Hogg. Just about everything has been thought of and addressed. The drive is absolute amazing. The slides up and down like butter with a very fine indicator to make small adjustments. The flip open sight window is simple but kind of genius too. The customer service is amazing and UV needs to take note of this.
Cons(ish)
The pins do seem small and I do think they could be brighter. As I say this I have had no issue shooting outside in falling light. There is some set up but once you lock it in, it should never move. The pins and set up are really my only small complaint.
Overall I think the sight is awesome but probably not necessary for an eastern hunter. The CP is very over built and will last a lifetime with great customer service.

I'm tempted by the UV Slider. But man, the price! Gonna have to sell an organ on the black market for one of those. I don't need two kidney's do I? :tearsofjoy:

Anyone have any experience with the Trophy Ridge Digital React 1 and 3 pin sights? Having a digital readout instead of a sight tape sounds like a cool idea.....understanding that the electronics means more that can fail of course.

Curious why you returned the UVS and went with the CP instead? What where the pros/cons that lead to that decision?

The UV slider is a great sight. I think I would take it over the CP after some changes or upgrades. The controls and function are amazing on the UV. The UV is well built but not over built. Overall the UV sight is great
BUTTTT, (it’s an extra big butt) I didn’t like the scope at all. It was very dark and I can’t use lights in here in Colorado. That is an easy fix with Dark Owl Scopes. The sight being flipped upside down was an absolute deal breaker. The controls were underneath and the scope had the “bonus” pin on the top. All the adjustments were on the wrong side and everything good about the sight was lost. It basically was the same as a $100 Trophy Ridge. It almost felt like UV thought I wouldn’t notice because I’m left handed. For $600 UV needs to be better or not offer a left hand sight at all. Oh, at this point you can not buy mounts. So, if you have a pic mount and then buy a Mathews, you have to buy a whole sight. I emailed about some of the issues and it was like I was annoying them with my issues. Their CS is shaky at this point.
If you are a righty, the UV sight is awesome. Stay the heck away if you are a lefty.

Still sighting in but I should get about 120 out of the mover pin and 135 from my bottom fixed. My Spot Hogg was 106 from my bottom pin.

Back