• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Canyon Pounder, WHY?!?!

Camelcluch

SH Member
Why the heck do I want this sight? I can not get this thing out of my head. Someone tell why not.
I’m off to sell some future kids, blood and all my plasma… That should leave me about $590 left to save.

Cause it’s a cool sight! And it’s $590. And you hunt out west. And it’s a cool sight. I’ve said before if I hunted out west I’d probably own it.

When it comes to bow sights, there are two categories, hunting sights and target sights. For hunting sights, I am a one-pin user. I can effectively use a one pin site from 0-40 yards. For yard/target shooting, I like a target sight with a powered lens. If one likes to shoot longer yardages, a powered scope sure makes it better.

When it comes to archery, I am results driven. If a product or technique doesn't yield positive results that can be measured, then I save my money and time. Spending $590 on a pin sight is a bit much considering it isn't going to improve your arrow groups or deer count.

When it comes to bow sights, there are two categories, hunting sights and target sights. For hunting sights, I am a one-pin user. I can effectively use a one pin site from 0-40 yards. For yard/target shooting, I like a target sight with a powered lens. If one likes to shoot longer yardages, a powered scope sure makes it better.

When it comes to archery, I am results driven. If a product or technique doesn't yield positive results that can be measured, then I save my money and time. Spending $590 on a pin sight is a bit much considering it isn't going to improve your arrow groups or deer count.
You’re no fun at all!!! :tearsofjoy: :tonguewink::tonguewink:

I don't get it.. I looked at it.. looks like all the other multiple pin sights.....

It’s the drive system that is really appealing. Extremely accurate and mountain tough.

You need to bo on the saddle hunter support thread, LOL.
Ha! Let see; A set of moded helium sticks, a set of Beast sticks, a set of Tethrd Ones. A Phantom, Reaper and Transformer saddle. I live in an area that has almost no exposure to saddle or tree stand hunting. All this is nothing compared to my real addiction of archery.
Sheesh, I need to sell some stuff.

Last edited:
You western bowhunters are a different breed. I've been shooting an ez-v which is like the polar opposite of this type of sight, so seems like there's a heck of a lot (too much) going on to me, but also support you buying it and letting us all know how it works out lol

The first thing that I thought of when I read the title was that it was a $500 backpack.

Back