• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2023 Members Kill count totals and comments

MattMan81

SH Member
Thru current counts. #49
18 bucks
27 does
3 bears
1 Roosevelt Elk.

6.9 pts per average on the bucks

4 guns
32 compound
6 crossbow
7 Wheel less bows

26 private
19 public

1 early season
15 September
31 October

4 targeted Bucks

35 saddles
7 stand
6 ground

11 years
13 deer

4 bucks
9 does

3.5 average points on bucks
None targeted

10 archery
2 rifle
1 muzzleloader

9 tree
2 blind
2 ground

5 saddle
4 treestand (2 climber 2 hangon)

8 public
5 private

9 October
2 November
2 December

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

50ish deer (you guys have a better memory than I do for this)
10 bucks (looking at them, lol.)
40 or so does

2 bucks rifle
8 bucks compound bow

4(?) does rifle, the remainder (36?) bow kills.

Most deer killed out of lock ons, climbers (summit, lone wolf) and several in the last few years taken out of the saddle.

Oops, my bad. I totally misread what you were doing there. Chrystal clear upon re-reading...I'll chalk it up to sleep deprivation!

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

@Jammintree I added things up the end of October. When I get some time I will do some more. There is some better number guys than me. But I was just looking to get the info out there.

Thanks to everyone who submitted your kills. It was fun to go thru all this again and count and look at the kills. I added things up the best I could. Some guys gave lots of info. Some gave little. But either way great to check out what everyone killed. Sure there is a way to get more information out of this. But not sure what else there is to learn comparing across state to state and how different seasons fall and such. Would probably need way more information from everyone to draw a true statistic about everything. I enjoyed checking out the kills. Even those delicious freezer queens you guys put out there.

I got 66 Bucks taken. 2 of which are mule deer.
1-13pt! 2- 12Pts. 2- 11pt. 6 - 10pts. 5- 9pts. 19- 8pts. 15- 7pts. 5- 6pt. 1- 5pt. 3 -4pt. 4- spikes.
I counted 10 that were specifically targeting those bucks. I didn't count target of opportunity.
2 elk submitted. One bull, one cow.
1- antelope
4 bears
1- turkey.
I think a few coyotes may have died as well.

75 said they took their animals off Private.
53 said they took theirs off public

86 taken from a saddle or saddle in use.
12 identified them selfs as a stand user. Fixed or mobile type.
2 climbers
32 were taken from the ground. Either blinds, still hunting, or other.

87 kills were with a compound. Wasn't 100% on all the bow names used if they were a compound or not. I didn't look them all up. Few just said archery. I put them here.
12 were with an Xbow or HC.
10 taken with wheel-less bows.
18- with Firearms cartridges
6- Muzzleloader

1 early season bear.
23 animals taken in September
53 Taken in October
36 taken in November
11 in December
3 in January.

Back